GMAIL won't send emails (PLEASE HELP)

dtdlurch

Reaction score
I've searched through many threads and various Google searches, tried any remedies I came across and cannot fix this issue. Please help me before I throw this phone against the wall in frustration.

I noticed today that the three or four emails I've tried to send in the past week never arrived in the recipients inbox. I've also noticed, over the course of this week, that any emails I view and delete don't carry over to my actual GMail inbox. So, when I pull it up on the web, all the email I deleted is still there. BUT, I still get new emails on my phone. So, it seems to be only half syncing...if that makes any sense. Any email I send just says "sending..." and stays in my Outbox forever.

Remedies tried: Deleted GMail Cache & Data, then I deleted GMail when that didn't work, then I deleted the cache, data, GMail and ran a cache cleaner on my entire phone when that didn't work. When even that didn't work, I tried installing Chevy's Steel Droid ROM thinking I might have screwed up the system. Didn't work. Heck, I even Fastbooted the new 6.890 system this weekend after GMAIL started acting up but BEFORE I realized what was going on, and it didn't work. To top it all off, I factory reset my phone...NOTHING!

WTF is going on here!?!?!? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU GMAIL!!!!!!!!

EDIT:

To head off any potential sarcasm- Yes, I have also checked to make sure Gmail is syncing. I checked through "My Accounts", I checked through account settings inside GMail, and I checked in the Battery/Data section as well.

Last edited:
OP
dtdlurch

dtdlurch

Reaction score
No thoughts or ideas at all? This stinks. I've tried everything. At least it feels that way. Last night, it randomly sent two emails that had been stuck in my outbox. I sent another one to test it, that worked. Then, sent an email with an attachment immediately after that....stuck in the Outbox.

Could it have something to do with attachments?

DaddysDroid

Reaction score
Have u contacted Google about this? They may be abke to trace error logs or what have u since email is being sent at 'unexpected' times.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

comk4ver

Reaction score
I agree I've noticed the same thing also!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums