Gmail Problem

flspnr

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm new to this board, so forgive me if this has been explained before (I didn't see it when I searched). My mother has a Moto Droid, and she has been having a little bit of trouble accessing her email. When I email her gmail account, she does not get a notification. When we open the gmail app on her phone (which shows her inbox), the email is not there. If we look in the label for "All Mail" we find the email. However, if we open gmail on the computer, the mail is indeed going to the inbox. It used to work, but started having this problem a few days ago. **Confused**

So, anyone have any solutions? Would a battery pull fix this? Do I need to make her phone go back to factory settings and reinstall everything (I think this is called a hard reset, right?) She has ATK installed, and I've read that ATK might be causing a problem (though it's not on my dad's Moto Droid, or the Eris I have), if I uninstall it do I need to restart the phone to "flush it from the system" to make sure it's completely gone?

Sorry for so many questions. I have heard so many things and I just want to make sure I get this right before I mess with my mom's phone! And, I'd really rather not reset to factory settings if I don't have to, but I'm worried that it's my only choice.

Oh! Also, she only has one gmail account, the main one. If I go to settings and delete that one, will that screw up the phone? I was thinking one thing might be to delete it and re-add it, but I'm worried that would screw something up.

Okay, if you've made it this far, lol, what do you suggest? Thanks!!

PS, we have checked to make sure the autosync is on. It has the same sync settings as her AOL account, and the AOL account works just fine, so I don't think its a syncing problem, but I could be wrong.

Last edited:

Phoxus

Reaction score
I too am noticing as of today my gmail isn't synching since 1/24. I have sync and gmail excluded from advanced task manager. Pulling a battery hasn't fixed this. The browser app works fine but the gmail android app hasn't synched all day. I've tried force syncs too!

OP
F

flspnr

Reaction score
The gmail on my mom's phone is syncing, it's just not doing it correctly. If yours isn't syncing at all, try going into the settings and turning the sync off, then back on (unless it was turned off, in that case just turn it on), and that should get it syncing again, I think. Also, make sure you have it set to sync often, not just once a day, it might be that you have it set to sync once a day and it hasn't been a full day since the last sync.

Still, maybe someone can offer some insight on both our problems. I'm still very new to these phones - we got them a couple of weeks ago, and I haven't gotten to play with the moto droid much because I got an eris, though dads expecting me to be an expert so I can help him with his phone, lol.

Phoxus

Reaction score
Oh I know. I hit sync but it doesn't work trust me. Sure the check mark turns on but if you go to

Settings view labels all. It tells me no connection.

What about you?

Also I uninstalled my task killer and that did nothing.

Last edited:
OP
F

flspnr

Reaction score
Oh I know. I hit sync but it doesn't work trust me. Sure the check mark turns on but if you go to

Settings view labels all. It tells me no connection.

What about you?

Also I uninstalled my task killer and that did nothing.

Hers doesn't say no connection. It's interesting to hear uninstalling task killer didn't help. Guess that's not the problem, though I was kind of hoping it would be, since that would be an easy fix, lol!

When you did a battery pull, everything on the phone is the same when you turn it back on, right? Like you still have all your apps and everything?