emails not sending

beneharris

Reaction score
i am having a problem that hwen im emailing my mom from my phone, she doesn't get the message, but when i email her from my computer she gets it. but everybody else gets messages from my phone. im using the stock gmail program, would it help if i used k9 or something?

thunter

Reaction score
Do you get a mail kick-back when you email your mom?

Sounds like the email address for your mom is wrong. When you gmail on the droid, you're really doing it right on their site and getting access from the phone.

I think it's something simple. K9 would work too, but you have to configure it you'll end up with email in two places, (K-9 and Gmail) which maybe hard to manage.

OP
B

beneharris

Reaction score
Na, no kickback, no anything. The email address is totally right. I think its something on her end. This is reallly odd...

li2327

Reaction score
It sounds like a problem on your mom's end. Did she check to make sure they're not going into her trash or spam folder?

azules9780

Reaction score
I have had this issue as well. I have tried emailing from my gmail account and my work account that I also have on the phone but it doesn't work. I can receive emails fine but they don't go out for some reason.

thatguychuck

Reaction score
I have had this issue as well. I have tried emailing from my gmail account and my work account that I also have on the phone but it doesn't work. I can receive emails fine but they don't go out for some reason.

I can't send Gmail sometimes, it happens after I install a new rom or restore a nandroid. You have to clear out the data.

Menu-settings-applications-manage applications-menu-filter-all-(scroll to gmail)-clear data

I do the same for "gmail storage" as well.

As for the OP, a lot of variables for that one, good luck.

Chris-pee

Reaction score

I can't send Gmail sometimes, it happens after I install a new rom or restore a nandroid. You have to clear out the data.

Menu-settings-applications-manage applications-menu-filter-all-(scroll to gmail)-clear data

I do the same for "gmail storage" as well.

As for the OP, a lot of variables for that one, good luck.

Thank you ! clearing e-mail storage fixed the issue I was having!

thunter

Reaction score
Wonder if you connected via WiFi when you try to send mail out? It shouldn't be a problem with gmail, but i have seen this using K-9 as the wifi server won't recognize the connection and not let you SEND mail. You can receive it, but won't go out until you re-configure your router or K-9 email set-up. For me, it's faster to just turn off WiFi and let it OTA.

gmorrow

Reaction score
I have a droidx and love the phone. It is my first smart phone. The only problem I have is that I cant send emails. i get a feed back saying that the message did not send. Can anyone help me with this.

Thanks