1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Gmail move option?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by CapsFan, Nov 11, 2009.

1. CapsFan

CapsFan New Member

Seems there's a missing option in Gmail to move an email to folder like in iPhone. The only way I could do this by using change labels option. Also is there a way to delete a message in threaded email?
  2. JohnDroid

JohnDroid Guest

Gmail doesn't use folders per say, they use Labels. They are one in the same for the most part.
  3. rosedith

rosedith New Member

I've been trying to tell my husband -- labels equal folders and folders equal labels. There is no difference except in your head. The little bit of code doesn't get "moved", it gets a label that shows what "folder" it is in.
  4. Stigy

Stigy New Member

The hardest part of GMail to get used to for me was Archiving emails instead of deleting emails. I archive MOST of my emails instead of deleting them so that my Inbox stays clear and I can always search back for previous emails.

I have setup so many rules to apply labels that I barely have to do any organizing of my email since my rules do it for me.
  5. CapsFan

CapsFan New Member

Well, gmail has "move to" option in desktop browser but not in Droid. I prefer to use this option than using change labels. It is a hassle to uncheck inbox and check another label.
Search tags for this page
android gmail app move to folder

gmail rules move to folder

move option droid email app
move to option in gmail
where is move to option in gmail