Gmail market install help

sonicfreak360

Reaction score
So... the new gmail came out on the market, and we all eant it.

But the problem is, I can't install it. I can download it, but it fails everytime I attempt to install it.

I have a custom rom installed, called rubik 2.0 (I think that's what its called) what can I do to make it install? I have access to my files. I have root explorer, so if I need to do anything like that, I'm fine with that!

Sent from my Droid, that DOESN'T have the latest gmail :-(

harrellj

Reaction score
One of the threads announcing the release of this new gmail app had suggestions on what to do if it won't install.

Yeah, yeah.. I'm on my phone. So?

OP
sonicfreak360

sonicfreak360

Reaction score
Don't root your phone....

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

>.> Seriously? You can't tell people not to root their droid, I :heart: it!

heres the poll, 48 people on this forum have a non-rooted droid 1, 12.87 percent of this forum, but 202 people have a rooted droid, thats 54.16 percent of this forum! Just join in, unless you are one of those people that just thinks what they have is fine, and they never think outside of the box. That's what my mom does :angry:

OP
sonicfreak360

sonicfreak360

Reaction score
One of the threads announcing the release of this new gmail app had suggestions on what to do if it won't install.

Yeah, yeah.. I'm on my phone. So?

Thanks, Ill be sure to visit that thread, and I'll SEARCH for it, no link needed :D

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
To install the updated gmail you have to first uninstall the preinstalled system version and then reboot your phone, after that you should have no problem installing gmail from the market

ukyfan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is the update really worth the hassle of deleting the apk and installing the new one from the market? To me it just seems like Google could have just made it to where you can update straight from the market like everything else instead of having to delete the apk first.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
It is improved, although you probablt won't notice much within the U/I the functionality of it is vastly improved

OP
sonicfreak360

sonicfreak360

Reaction score
To install the updated gmail you have to first uninstall the preinstalled system version and then reboot your phone, after that you should have no problem installing gmail from the market

Ah HA! That's probably the step I'm missing, restarting my droid! Thanks!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
sonicfreak360

sonicfreak360

Reaction score
No no no, its only cuz of custom roms, you don't have to go through troubles like this if u have the stock rom. I've done it b4 with my mom's phone!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk