gingerbread updatae

kcc989

Reaction score
I talked to verizon about the not recieving messages thing. They said that this is a big problem and that HTC should be putting out a bug fix this week. I wouldn't be too quick to buy a new phone.

z1572

Reaction score
i also had an issue with most of my apps disappearing. i fixed that problem by unmounting and then remounting the SD card... my apps were restored.

however, my gmail app is not syncing with my account. i have to manually refresh my email inbox. also, the weather that is supposed to be displayed on one of the clock widgets isn't displaying. anyone else having the same issues or have any suggestions?

ambrown

Reaction score
I had this issue too and I don't know what fixed it, I guess it had something to do with reading the SD card since that's where all the missing apps were stored, but they all showed up after moving one app to the SD card and back again. suddenly all my apps and pics were all back again. I did redownload a few but I'm glad I didn't have to do that for all of my apps. I'd say to try moving an app, any app to the SD card and back to phone storage again. Maybe it has to do with reading the SD card.

Sent from my Droid Incredible on 2.3.4 using the DroidForums app

ambrown

Reaction score
Actually I think z1572 has the right idea, try unmounting the SD card. I actually did that too because I was going to format the card before attempting to reinstall all my apps, then when they showed up again I was really glad I didn't wipe the card.

pete rose haircut

Reaction score
I had this issue too and I don't know what fixed it, I guess it had something to do with reading the SD card since that's where all the missing apps were stored, but they all showed up after moving one app to the SD card and back again. suddenly all my apps and pics were all back again. I did redownload a few but I'm glad I didn't have to do that for all of my apps. I'd say to try moving an app, any app to the SD card and back to phone storage again. Maybe it has to do with reading the SD card.

How do you do this?

ambrown

Reaction score
@Pete Rose Haircut
Well to move an app to the SD card you go to settings>applications>manage applications>and then any app>move to SD card.

However after rethinking it it may be better to unmount the SD card to solve this particular issue. I'd recommend doing that. To do so go to settings>SD card and storage>unmount SD card then once you leave the settings it should reconnect with the SD card and your apps and other stuff should start showing up.

ajcscan

Reaction score
ok so I jumped the gun?!/!?
very disappointed right now. After the update, things seemed fine but as each day has gone by, my phone is progressively getting worse? Now I have 2 notifications up top that won't go away no matter what I have tried. 'Low on Space' - phone storage space is getting low...
and 'Storage almost Full" - please make at least 512KB free space to receive messages. Tap to manage your ap'
When i tap it...it takes me to 'Manage my apps and my SD card shows 9.1GB used and 5.9GB free, ram shows 148MB used and 218MB free. Internal storage shows 298MB used and 450 MB free?
Quite a few apps now giving me a force close when I try to open them. Even the market won't let ,me do anything.

ambrown

Reaction score
ok so I jumped the gun?!/!?
very disappointed right now. After the update, things seemed fine but as each day has gone by, my phone is progressively getting worse? Now I have 2 notifications up top that won't go away no matter what I have tried. 'Low on Space' - phone storage space is getting low...
and 'Storage almost Full" - please make at least 512KB free space to receive messages. Tap to manage your ap'
When i tap it...it takes me to 'Manage my apps and my SD card shows 9.1GB used and 5.9GB free, ram shows 148MB used and 218MB free. Internal storage shows 298MB used and 450 MB free?
Quite a few apps now giving me a force close when I try to open them. Even the market won't let ,me do anything.

Yeah I was having this issue before the update. I have plenty of room on my phone but I have a persistent notification that says "Low On Space". I was hoping it would go away when I got gingerbread but its the same:( wish HTC would fix the dang bug or whatever it is. Or I could find a way to stop whatever app is eating away imaginary storage. Honestly though I don't think this issue has anything to do with the GB update as it does the Incredible.

tedum3

Reaction score
i also had an issue with most of my apps disappearing. i fixed that problem by unmounting and then remounting the SD card... my apps were restored.

however, my gmail app is not syncing with my account. i have to manually refresh my email inbox. also, the weather that is supposed to be displayed on one of the clock widgets isn't displaying. anyone else having the same issues or have any suggestions?

ok so what i tried is this:

*228 press 1 for the programming and not 2 for the roaming
reboot and weather is now updating as before

i also unmounted and remounted the sd card, don't know if that really did anything for me, however i think it freed up a few megabytes, but not a whole lot. secondly, the whole gmail thing...didn't notice if there was a fix to having to refresh gmail in order to see my emails, but it seems to be working properly now, but i know my weather update is working again. hope it helps.

jmurra

Reaction score
not happy with update

Update took away 4 of my apps, gave me the little green icon. My voice to text ability in messages and Google search is not working. Battery life the same as before - lasts 5 hours.

richkev

Reaction score
Honestly though I don't think this issue has anything to do with the GB update as it does the Incredible.

I haven't received the update, yet, and my phone has not been rooted. I am having all of the same problems. Seems to have just started around the time the update rolled out, though. Coincidence? Pretty aggravating, esp. since Verizon seems to have no clue as to what is going on. My phone used to work.

ambrown

Reaction score
So the unmounting/mounting of the sd card definitely works but one odd thing I've noticed is that after getting the OTA, Everytime my phone restarts now I have unmount/mount the sd card to access the apps on the sd card. Which is annoying:(

tedum3

Reaction score
well that's good it worked for the most part... to be honest i also have done a hard reset as well, including reformatting my sd card. extreme? possibly, however the only thing that annoys me is that the market hasn't updated and all my game saves were wiped out... oh well, not that important. i know there are backup apps available, but i don't have anything that's so complicated that i'd need one. all of my important things are backed up on the web, like google contacts and my notes, i use catch the free version. everything's working pretty good so far.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

ajcscan

Reaction score
Final verdict....
After two hard resets, two text message patch downloads, Verizon has the answer to my problems....
They are sending me the incredible 2 as my fix. Like I said, my incredible was working flawlessly until this 2.3.4 update. I still do not think it is the phone's fault. I am looking forward to this new phone.

tedum3

Reaction score
wish i had it figured out before you had to replace your phone, my experiment of clearing data of the facebook app is working so far and gmail is syncing and no more low disk space