Cannot download apps from Android Market!!!!!!!!!

DreadX

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I downloaded the Gingerbread update on my Droid X OTA yesterday morning, and have encountered problems downloading all my apps. I only seem to recover about half of them. I cannot download the rest, most of which are purchased apps.
Has anyone else encountered this Market download issue?
I really love the new look,behavior, gui of Gingerbread, and the browsing experience is much faster and improved, everything else is excellent. No issues, EXCEPT I CANNOT DOWNLOAD ANY APPS =-/

does anyone have a suggestion? I already twice have factory reset my phone, don't know what else I can do..

calbright78

Reaction score
Downloading problem solved

Go to setting from the home screen, click on battery & data manager then click on data saver uncheck the "Enable data saver" Hope that helps:icon_ banana:

Cutter3

Reaction score
I ran into this issue on Friday, after performing a factory reset to try and resolve my GB issues.

All signals showed ok, I could go online, I could make calls, and I could connect to the market. Anytime I tried to download an app, I would get a "download unsuccessful" message. After a long time on the phone with Market support, I gave up (during the last reset of the phone,on my home wifi, all of my apps finally downloaded, but I couldn't download anything else). Sometime on Saturday, I tried again, and for whatever reason, it's been working since then.

I went through all the hoops - logging in and out of talk, multiple master-resets, clearing cache, uninstalling market updates - nothing worked. I would say that if you've tried the various solutions that are out there (I googled, and found most of them), I would wait a day or so and see what happens.

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Go to setting from the home screen, click on battery & data manager then click on data saver uncheck the "Enable data saver" Hope that helps:icon_ banana:

+1 on this, also go into Applications and find the Market app, and clear cache.

Oxymoron

Reaction score
Open your market and check your filter settings. Make sure it's set to mature. I had this issue before. When I went to update certain apps, I got an error that said they couldn't be found. Turned out to be the filter settings... it was set to "all", I think. I felt like a dufus.

*customized tapatalk signature*

Cutter3

Reaction score
If it's the problem I had, it's not an issue of being able to see the apps. You can see everything, and you can select a download. The status will say "starting download", and then you'll get a "download unsuccessful" message.

From what the support folks had me do, it seems like there's an issue with how your account, through your phone, communicates with the market after you update the software/reset your phone. Something is hanging, and can't complete the downloads. For me, something finally clicked, and now the markey works as it's suppoosed to do. The people at google didn't do anything to my phone to fix it (according to the email I got yesterday - "we don't know why your phone is doing this, but we can see that you've now been able to download apps for the last couple of days") - it seems to resolve itself after a day or so...

Dad23Boys77

Reaction score
Whats up everyone. I am having a similar issue as well. So let me explain my situation. I was rooted and running on the Liberty Rom and was having some issues with my phone randomly shutting it self off. So, SBF'd and then re-rooted using the z4root. I then went to the DarkSlide Blurry rom. Which I have used in the past with absolutely no issues what-so-ever. AFter I installed the Darkslide rom I started having this issue. Where it wont let me download anything from the market place. It keeps telling me that the "download was unsuccessful". So last night I decided to SBF my phone again. And I am still getting the same error from the market place. Download UnSuccessful.

Here are some of the things I have tried with no success. If anyone has any other possible solutions, please let me know.

I have tried to clear the Market Cache from the Market App in Manage Applications.
I have tried clearing data and cache from droid x bootstrap - which I no longer have on my phone because I can't downloand it from the market place
I have tried clearing data and cache from android system recovery as well.
I also read that it could be a battery setting issue. So I tried that as well. And that didnt help either.

Edit 1:

I am able to make phone calls, use my browser, and as far as I can tell I am able to use all of the other features of my phone.

I have also tried downloading apps from the market place over 3G and wifi. This didnt help either.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Dad Two Three Boys 77

Fl1f1sh

Reaction score
I was having problems getting my Droid X2 to download market apps in 3g.Unchecking the Data Saver under Battery and data manager solved the problem.

Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DroidForums

PS3Gamer

Reaction score
The new data saver option is a nice touch with GB, but I tend to forget I have it enabled and I find myself getting pissed off because I can't download anything...

Also, after ANY OTA update I noticed that you must factory data reset, and sdcard format if you want (I'm a freak), to allow the phone to function the way it is intended after the update is installed. You mentioned you did the OTA update and noticed the market wasn't downloading anything, I have noticed the same thing after the last OTA and this was my only fix.

There's something about a clean phone too.. I'm amazed everytime how smooth the response is and how long the battery-life lasts on me... I want to root again with this new OTA version and enjoy the things I used to enjoy so much.