Gingerbread official ota

Status
Not open for further replies.

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
If your stock rooted you should still be fine, the update should push to your phone. Only those who are running rooted GB need to revert back to stock.

If you really want to though, just flash the backup you made before installing the rom.

Ok but there isnt a way to.just get rid of a rom without flashing a backup?

Swyped from the best phone in verizon's line up

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
P3Droid Team Black Hat
Hey, GREAT NEWS, if you manually use the OTA or you take the OTA YOU CAN USE THE 2.3.340 SBF FILE !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let everyone know.

mabbio

Reaction score
Sbf

Does anyone know where i can get the stock SBF to flash back?

azaraith

Reaction score
I'm running the leaked version - perfectly stable for me, though it does have the persistent syncing icon problem (doesn't kill battery life, so I don't care). Easy peasy to install - the pre-rooted version is worth it too. BTW, ClockworkMod needs to be the Droid 2 version, not Droid X... Not waiting for Verizion/Motorola to get their acts together and release it, too impatient lol.

Data reset fixed that for me.

Tried that, no go. Doesn't bother me too much though.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

zoe

Reaction score
theres a much bigger thread over on the dxf forums, apparently the gb ota is just starting to appear... p3droid has said you can get back to froyo if you take it, no root yet... maybe soon if the changes to his leaked version aren't too significant

some people think it's a hoax, mainly because they forget VZW doesn't push it to every one at the same exact moment or even same day... the file is in the hands of some devs and others have manually applied it so far and it really does appear legit

[insert_here]

OP
V

ViperX

Reaction score
Hey where r u located at and how did it prompt u to update?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

kennydied23

Reaction score
I'm in cincinnati ohio and it didn't prompt me, I pulled the update using system update.
@mikex I'm not sure yet, it's still downloading VERY slowly.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
P3droid says sometime around early may. Someone here on the forums said they called motorola and they told him june 1st.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

P3Droid Team Black Hat
Hey, GREAT NEWS, if you manually use the OTA or you take the OTA YOU CAN USE THE 2.3.340 SBF FILE !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let everyone know.

P3droid is talking about having a rooted version up here soon :icon_ banana:

Hard to tell which P3 is right huh? This is why I find it hard to believe somethings out there when the same person will have conflicting posts.

Maybe this goes along with Verizon tracking everyone down. I mean NO INSULT to P3Droid as I know he is an upstanding member of our Android Community and I use apps that he and his crew develop. But when it comes to information it's different. People just say stuff sometimes....not saying he did...but maybe his source blew a little smoke up his you-who-dilly

Last edited:

zoe

Reaction score
p3droid's comment about a rooted version coming shortly was taken out of context... he was telling another dev, sarcastically and possibly to egg him on, that he (p3droid) expected the root soon (ie - from the other dev)... hopefully we will get something regardless

[insert_here]

mikex

Reaction score
Any initial thoughts of the ota vs the leak?

I think there are a few icons that are different, it is a bit faster then the leak was (with no OC) have not noticed much else yet.

Thanks. Are the hard keys on the bottom still really bright? Did you get the ota or install it manually with the zip that's out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.