Gingerbread manual dl

DroidX3

Reaction score
I am trying to get gingerbread on my dx, but its not working. I dl the link that all the web sites say to dl, rename it and do the hard boot but it fails everytime...and advice?

Also, I am not rooted.

Thanks

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

BodyBagz

Reaction score
I am trying to get gingerbread on my dx, but its not working. I dl the link that all the web sites say to dl, rename it and do the hard boot but it fails everytime...and advice?

Also, I am not rooted.

Thanks

If you arent rooted, then you dont need to be trying to update to GingerBread.

You need to get root, then get Clock Work Mod and make a back-up of your original system ROM just in case.

But, most importantly, you need to read, read, and read some more about what all is needed to load Gingerbread seeing as none of the versions out there right now are actually "official" from Verizon and Moto.

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 5
Twitter
@healthymommy13
I didthe manual update and it worked fine. Once you ha e it renamed you choose update.zip on the boot screen. Make sure the file is on your sd card not in any folders just on the card itself. Mine worked fine...jut can't root and that sucks lol

OP
D

DroidX3

Reaction score
I didthe manual update and it worked fine. Once you ha e it renamed you choose update.zip on the boot screen. Make sure the file is on your sd card not in any folders just on the card itself. Mine worked fine...jut can't root and that sucks lol

Was your droid x rooted in order to do the update?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

leonozug

Reaction score

Sure you can root. Use Gingerbreak after you update to the unrooted Gingerbread.

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 5
Twitter
@healthymommy13
No it was not rooted and once this update is downloaded unless you have the tbh leak you can't root it.

leonozug

Reaction score
No it was not rooted and once this update is downloaded unless you have the tbh leak you can't root it.

Well I downloaded the unrooted .588 leak first released before p3Droid rooted it, installed it on my X bare stock as an update .zip and used Gingerbreak to root it the other day. Worked for me.

OP
D

DroidX3

Reaction score
I have been trying to put this update on my phone for 3 days now, and I cant get it to work! Its driving me nuts! I do everything all the web sites say...only thing I can think that I can be doing wrong, is that maybe I dont know where to put the file.

The sd root is just on the sd card right? Is there a folder I need to put it in?

Anything?

OP
D

DroidX3

Reaction score
After I boot into android system recovery, at the bottom in yellow it reads "E: cant open/cashe/recovery/comand"

Then when I go down to "apply sdcard:update.zip" the phone goes through the steps...

It finds...opens...verifies...then says

"E: failed to read footer from /sdcard/update.zip"

"E: signature verification failed"

"instale aborted"

Im stumped...any help???

zero7404

Reaction score
After I boot into android system recovery, at the bottom in yellow it reads "E: cant open/cashe/recovery/comand"

Then when I go down to "apply sdcard:update.zip" the phone goes through the steps...

It finds...opens...verifies...then says

"E: failed to read footer from /sdcard/update.zip"

"E: signature verification failed"

"instale aborted"

Im stumped...any help???

what are you running currently ?

i would follow the instructions in the link posted above, using the 3 file method. i would first go back to android 2.2.1 (2.3.340) (see here: http://sites.google.com/site/1kdsdroidx/). this site also lists different versions of rsdlite, grab the latest and install it.

i would download the 3 files, then use a program like md5sum to validate the md5 values of the files you downloaded to make sure they are correct. then i would put those files on the sd card. DO NOT rename the files.

make sure you are rooted in 2.2.1 (z4root, google this and download it from xda website).
then get the droid 2 recovery app (market or search google, it's written by clockwork mod). tap 'bootstrap recovery', after the success confirmation, tap 'reboot recovery'.
when the phone reboots it will put you into clockwork recovery, you can highlight the option to install zip file from sd card. pick the files in order, like it says in the instructions. don't exit the recovery until they are all installed.

then reboot and you should be ok. if your phone bootloops, then get into recovery again and clear the cache, also do a factory data reset.

sent via android

Last edited: