Can't update! Please Help

Sinestro99

Reaction score
I've been rooted since Froyo and I want to upgrade/update and or change my ROM but they say I should be running android 2.3.4 . I've dl'd and tried to update but the update always fails. I've tried a factory reset, hard boot reset, installing apk's that were originally on the phone and still get nothing.

Is there a. Zip I can dl of 2.3.4? Do I need to unroot?
Anybody else have this problem?

Please help. I'm not going to install any of my old apps until I fix this issue.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

milski65

Reaction score
DO you currently have a custom rom on your froyo based phone? If so you will need to do a full sbf to get rid of it. If you're just rooted froyo, you're okay. If you've removed/frozen any bloatware with titanium backup, they need to be replaced/unfrozen. I've read some posts that recommend you just sbf to be safe regardless. Purchase the team black hat app from their website. Use the 2 part zip (it's odexed), then if you want flash the deodexed version right on top of that. Or do 2 part and then install DSX (no glitches on my phone, great battery and super fast). DSX is deodexed.

OP
S

Sinestro99

Reaction score
Milski65 - I've beening running rubix blurry 0.3 rom so I guess I need to sbf. I'll look into that app.

Kasey- Just did a quick read of the link. Seems a lot like the original rooting methods before the one touch apks came out.

Reaction score
Milski65 - I've beening running rubix blurry 0.3 rom so I guess I need to sbf. I'll look into that app.

Kasey- Just did a quick read of the link. Seems a lot like the original rooting methods before the one touch apks came out.

The rooting method within the thread does use the one-click APK, z4 Root. The thread is a complete guide to SBFing your phone, rooting it, bootstrapping it and installing the rooted version of GB before installing the Liberty ROM.

OP
S

Sinestro99

Reaction score
...and done. Thanks for your help Kasey. Now just gotta decide what ROM to run with.