Gingerbread killed Car Bluetooth Audio

DiGuR

Reaction score
I posted this in another similar post, and figured i would put it here too.
-----------

I was having this issue with my Droid X and 2011 Hyundai Sonata and was able to find a resolution and so i decided to join the forums here and post for everyone's benefit. My specific problem was that it would pair properly and when I hit the voice command button the screen would give it's "Listening" prompt, but the car would not respond to my voice.

Here's what I did to fix it, some steps may not be necessary but i'll post them all just in case.

1. Delete the phone reference in your car. I had to do this via a menu system built into my stereo; i'm assuming all cars work this way and likely the motorcycle helmets too.

2. Re-pair the phone and car/helmet.

3. Long-click on the car/helmet's reference in the phone's bluetooth settings menu and go into Options.

4. Un-click the Media option so that only the Phone Audio option is selected.

5. Dis-connect the bluetooth connection.

6. Reconnect the bluetooth connection.

When I do this, the media box always re-checks, but nonetheless I now get a response from my car when I hit the voice command button and say "Call". I haven't actually made a call (it was pretty early AM) but the fact that it's responding is good news to me. Also, after this method (first time only, of course) I got the prompt on my phone to allow access to the phonebook, which was another good sign .

Kiobah

Reaction score
I have the same problems with almost any bluetooth device after upgrading Gingerbread OTA :frown:.
Please, anyone knows how to revert back to Froyo?

Thanks,

manfromnc

Reaction score
Not sure if this will work for you. I have a Ford Escape with Sync, and before I did the upgrade it worked perfectly with my DX. After upgrade the Sync couldn't connect, and Bluetooth would "pair but not connected". I ended up removing all settings for Bluetooth on my DX and on the Sync system and then re-entered the settings. Has worked perfectly since then...Hopefully this will help...:motdroidvert:

RodRH

Reaction score
Same Problem With 2009 Chevy Malibu

After Gingerbread, I can no longer pair OR connect my Droid X2 via my 2009 Chevy Malibu's bluetooth. All that Verizon (store rep, not a tech) told me was to remove Advance Task Killer and Lookout Mobile Security apps from my phone. Naively, I did that - of course to no avail. My next step is to call Verizon or Motorola tech support to see if there is any fix. I spend a lot of time commuting and the law in my state only allows use of cell phones using a hands-free device. I can't stand the earpiece, and I'm not tech savvy enough to revert to Froyo. So I'm at a loss. I've read this entire thread and there clearly is no viable fix. I guess I'm just venting at this point.