Gingerbread.....i want it now !!!!!!!!!!!!

razng2grtboys

Reaction score
If it is so great than why hasn't the GB update come out OTA yet? I'm not going to root my phone...it actually works just fine for me (no problem with random reboots)

ziggy484

Reaction score
If it is so great than why hasn't the GB update come out OTA yet? I'm not going to root my phone...it actually works just fine for me (no problem with random reboots)

if what is so great? What exactly is the purpose of your post?

goresnet

Reaction score
After June 30th came and went I loaded Gingerbread myself. MR 2.5 radio with Das Bamf 2.1 remix. Great battery life, no reboots, quick gps. Everything just works how it should. I highly recommend this Rom.

Icefire, does the bamf 2.1 remix include the Mr 2.5 radio, all-in-one style? Or do you do that all separate?

_JDW_

Reaction score
Before you do anything else. Do a nandroid backup of your current setup..so you can revert if you need to.

Download the MR 2.5 radio HERE. To install a radio. rename PG05IMG.zip and move to root of SD card. Power off phone. Hold volume down button while powering on. This will boot you into Hboot. Then press power button once...it will find the update...then ask you if you want to install. Press Volume UP for yes...let it install...once done...press power to reboot. (personally the MR2 radio gives me the best reception where Im located, it varies for each user)

After you reboot, go rename that radio zip to MR2.5PG05IMG.zip and move it or you can leave it there. I created a folder specifically for radios and roms on my sd card...and name them accordingly.

im stuck right here. i put the zip file on my sd card, do power off and power on into hboot, but the phone doesnt automatically update with a new radio. what am i doing wrong? i just rooted early this morning using the "one-click" method that was posted earlier in this thread, (the video) and i flashed clockwork recovery and backed up everything.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Maybe you're new to verizon but they are horrible with updates. And it is great.

icefire1020

Reaction score
After June 30th came and went I loaded Gingerbread myself. MR 2.5 radio with Das Bamf 2.1 remix. Great battery life, no reboots, quick gps. Everything just works how it should. I highly recommend this Rom.

Icefire, does the bamf 2.1 remix include the Mr 2.5 radio, all-in-one style? Or do you do that all separate?

The radios flash separate from the Rooms

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

icefire1020

Reaction score
Before you do anything else. Do a nandroid backup of your current setup..so you can revert if you need to.

Download the MR 2.5 radio HERE. To install a radio. rename PG05IMG.zip and move to root of SD card. Power off phone. Hold volume down button while powering on. This will boot you into Hboot. Then press power button once...it will find the update...then ask you if you want to install. Press Volume UP for yes...let it install...once done...press power to reboot. (personally the MR2 radio gives me the best reception where Im located, it varies for each user)

After you reboot, go rename that radio zip to MR2.5PG05IMG.zip and move it or you can leave it there. I created a folder specifically for radios and roms on my sd card...and name them accordingly.

im stuck right here. i put the zip file on my sd card, do power off and power on into hboot, but the phone doesnt automatically update with a new radio. what am i doing wrong? i just rooted early this morning using the "one-click" method that was posted earlier in this thread, (the video) and i flashed clockwork recovery and backed up everything.

The zip file needs to be named
PG05IMG
Otherwise it won't work

_JDW_

Reaction score

The zip file needs to be named
PG05IMG
Otherwise it won't work
thanks man

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yeah Verizon is all about money. They could care less about your satisfaction and requests.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

sslbaron

Reaction score
The RUU is basically a complete all in one. ROM, radio, kernel everything in one. Basically just like an SBF file, but u don't need RSD lite to flash it. that's the good thing about hboot, no more outside or external apps to flash things like that. Just throw it on the SD card, rename it to PG05IMG.zip and it does all the work for u right from the phone!

Cool, it definitely simplifies things. Thanks for the info, this clarifies it very well.

mattberger2

Reaction score
Well, unfortunately I just posted a question and got banned for "spam". Maybe this will work, because I do have some questions.

mattberger2

Reaction score
I am getting hung up on this part:

3. Download the following 459MB file to your SD card: PG05IMG_downgrade.zip

• The size of this zip is 459MB - you might want to verify that after it's downloaded.
  • Do not place it in any folders on the SD card --> Just drag and drop it to the card.
4. On your SD card rename: PG05IMG_downgrade.zip to PG05IMG.zip

• Do Not unzip
  • Make sure the file doesn't get renamed to PG05IMG.zip.zip
Are you supposed to save this to your phone or to your computer? I am brand new at all of this, I am sorry for such a lame question. Maybe rooting just isn't for me????

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I am getting hung up on this part:

3. Download the following 459MB file to your SD card: PG05IMG_downgrade.zip

• The size of this zip is 459MB - you might want to verify that after it's downloaded.
  • Do not place it in any folders on the SD card --> Just drag and drop it to the card.
4. On your SD card rename: PG05IMG_downgrade.zip to PG05IMG.zip

• Do Not unzip
  • Make sure the file doesn't get renamed to PG05IMG.zip.zip
Are you supposed to save this to your phone or to your computer? I am brand new at all of this, I am sorry for such a lame question. Maybe rooting just isn't for me????

Your phone. That's why it says SD card.

mattberger2

Reaction score
That's what I thought, just wasn't sure. Is this whole process really that difficult?