gingerbread for verizon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zero7404

Reaction score
i dont know what to tell u ... my fone runs fine and im using the stock rom ....

posted via android

bje1982

Reaction score
Try giving your phone a factory data reset, because I don't know what you're talking about.

You think you would at least give a couple of examples. Then I could confirm if I see them or not.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-2-general-discussions/119117-next-droid-2-update.html

8 bugs are listed in that thread. A factory reset wouldn't make a difference, I've experienced most if not all of those bugs on my first droid x to which i ordered a replacement, and that second droid x also had the same problems, so i ordered a droid 2 and it has all of the same problems.

EDIT: I'd like to direct your attention to this bug that happens every once in a while, typically once or twice a week? It varies.
[video=youtube;SqP_Jad4YQI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqP_Jad4YQI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqP_Jad4YQI[/video]

In the video, you can see that I have 3G and 3 bars of connection, but the arrow on the right is pulling data in. Whatever is pulling data in, is consuming up 100% of my bandwidth. That's not supposed to happen, apps on Android are supposed to share bandwidth. Later in the video, my signal drops completely. It happens anywhere, so it's not location or my area. My parents do not complain about poor signal or loss of 3G. My mom has a blackberry curve and my dad has an LG vortex.
Uhh ohh I see a lookout security app icon in your status bar. That's most likely the cause of your problems.

Sent...

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I got confirmation from Verizon Corperate Support that the update is set to be pushed out in June to follow the "6 month" cycle.

bje1982

Reaction score
r u rooted? if so, have you frozen any apps using titanium backup?
its difficult to say what your device is doing without knowing what uve loaded on it and what widgets/background apps ur using .... the data pulldown may be attributable to an app thats been set to update or bring in data or you might have something else going on ....
the more detail u could give the better ....

posted via android

I am rooted, but I do not have titanium backup, i have not deleted or frozen any apps. I highly doubt it's an app, because how could an app shut down my 3G and make me lose all my bars of connection? I think it's the firmware, it's buggy. The only thing running is Systempanel's monitoring thing which uses no bandwidth, and battery monitor which you can see on the top left which also does not use bandwidth.

SystemPanel Monitor says that my top apps for the past week are in the following order:

System 2.1%
System processes 1.5%
Browser 0.5%
Contacts Storage 0.5%
handcent SMS 0.4%

and the rest just get increasingly smaller. This only shows CPU usage though, i don't think there's any way to check bandwidth usage by app. I don't notice any consistency or patterns in when/why it happens. I just know that it happened on both my droid x's and my droid 2.

Are you using juice defender? I've seen a few people have data issues using that app
sent....

bje1982

Reaction score
i am not using juice defender, and i have since uninstalled lookout, the problem has persisted.

The only way to really troubleshoot then would be a data reset and then don't install any apps for a few days and see if the problem persists. I can't see you having that sane problem across multiple phones without the issue being an app or something user generated. Try it and report back.

sent....

Reaction score
i am not using juice defender, and i have since uninstalled lookout, the problem has persisted.

The only way to really troubleshoot then would be a data reset and then don't install any apps for a few days and see if the problem persists. I can't see you having that sane problem across multiple phones without the issue being an app or something user generated. Try it and report back.

sent....

A factory reset is out of the question. The droid 2 is incapable of properly backing up text messages, so until I can do that I can't do any factory resets.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Status
Not open for further replies.