Gingerbread fix ota update

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
ANY WORD ON WHEN THIS WILL BE FIXED AND SO WE CAN GET THE UPDATE .?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

armyman22

Reaction score
ANY WORD ON WHEN THIS WILL BE FIXED AND SO WE CAN GET THE UPDATE .?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

I was told by HTC that it would be 2-3 weeks. I basically called BS on the guy due to the update for the reboot issue that took 3 months. He said that it won't be anywhere close to that long because of what has to be done. He said that with the reboot issue, they had to start from scratch basically and write a whole new program to fix the error. He said for the issues people are experiencing, it is just a matter of debugging the program that is already built. It makes sense but who knows...take it for what it's worth.

2001400ex

Reaction score
I was told by HTC that it would be 2-3 weeks. I basically called BS on the guy due to the update for the reboot issue that took 3 months. He said that it won't be anywhere close to that long because of what has to be done. He said that with the reboot issue, they had to start from scratch basically and write a whole new program to fix the error. He said for the issues people are experiencing, it is just a matter of debugging the program that is already built. It makes sense but who knows...take it for what it's worth.

Until they realize they can't debug it and need to rewrite it from scratch. Lol

But when are the manufacturers going to outsource their development to some of the developers out there doing roms? It would make sense to hire them to do compete builds or contact with them to fix issues and what not. Or maybe they have reached out, I dont know. I just know they get stable builds out there a lot quicker than the manufacturers.

punkee75

Reaction score
I have to admit I was unpleasantly surprised when my husband, (who has my old Droid X that I replaced with my HTC Thunderbolt) came to me yesterday asking "why does my phone look different? It said something about 2.3 or something & so I let it update last night & I allowed it...." Obviously, you've realized by this point my husband isn't the "phone geek" in this relationship, LOL....so,this is how I found out VZW was releasing the update! I can't believe my husband's OLDER, 3G phone upgraded before mine! Don't mean to sound like a whining brat but seriously, it really stinks! And why are the issues only with the HTC Thunderbolt & not the Droid X?

2001400ex

Reaction score
Response to last person saying her husband's droid x just updated to gb. My wife's dx got it in July, I got my ota GB for my tb last week. Motorola is ahead of the gb curve right now.

52brandon

Reaction score
Response to last person saying her husband's droid x just updated to gb. My wife's dx got it in July, I got my ota GB for my tb last week. Motorola is ahead of the gb curve right now.
and they always will be. They are google afterall

jseah

Reaction score
But when are the manufacturers going to outsource their development to some of the developers out there doing roms? It would make sense to hire them to do compete builds or contact with them to fix issues and what not. Or maybe they have reached out, I dont know. I just know they get stable builds out there a lot quicker than the manufacturers.

I recall reading that Samsung hired one of the guys who is behind Cyanomod.

MrKleen

Reaction score
I have no idea when they will restart the ota. I'm sure you guys are aware of this but if you want it you can always upgrade your phone yourself. It is actually easy to do now and the issue with no voicemail notifications has been fixed by the developers (erishasnobattery). We've been running Gingerbread now for about 3 months. HTC has been leaking their builds along the way and the actual ota update is available...

Good luck.

P.S. I've owned the D1, D2, DX, Thunderbolt (and soon the Galaxy Nexus) and can say that every phone has had some sort of issue along the way. Be happy... because the Bolt is a great phone and it has 4g. 4g is actually faster than your home cable internet connection. Yes there have been some blips along the way but so far it's the best phone I've owned. Also keep in mind it was the first 4g phone so it would naturally have the problems first.