Gingerbread... contact photos disappeared...

GeneralZod

Reaction score
In both my phone book, Handscent, etc. Any ideas how to resynch this with Facebook? Thanks.

Prismind

Reaction score
Are you using the blur facebook or the official app?

OP
GeneralZod

GeneralZod

Reaction score
Sorry for the stupid question, where would I unsynch and resynch? Thanks.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
GeneralZod

GeneralZod

Reaction score
should be in the setting of your facebook app
I don't see any such setting. Interestingly, when I go into Settings, I see groupings of Settings; General, Notification and Other. However, there are settings listed below Other.

Any thoughts?

Prismind

Reaction score
should be in the setting of your facebook app
I don't see any such setting. Interestingly, when I go into Settings, I see groupings of Settings; General, Notification and Other. However, there are settings listed below Other.

Any thoughts?
I remember it being under other when i first installed, but I know that they have sneak out a few functions with the last 3-4 updates

fenrisswolf

Reaction score
Hmm... the option to sync facebook contacts seems to be gone. Can't find it in facebook's offical app, or under blur.

Another casualty of the Google - Facebook feud?

I noticed this because I've been cleaning up my contacts, and merging duplicates, and all of a sudden I am missing pictures for some of my contacts. Turns out, for at least one friend, their whole facebook contact is missing, and there seems to be no way to re-sync facebook contacts.

fenrisswolf

Reaction score
no go with syncmypics. Workaround using Picasa on a computer.

I tried.

However, some of my Facebook contacts do not push to my phone at all. I though I may have had been unfriended by them for some odd reason, but they're still on Facebook. So unless my friends have their privacy settings on full "paranoid, don't share any data outside of Facebook" somehow, I'm not getting anything from outside apps for them either, as I need to have them on my contacts list as facebook friends, before syncmypics will pull pictures for them.

I did find a partial workaround for those contacts I do meet socially and have pictures of, using Picasa. (It works great for those contacts not on facebook, too.)

Contact pictures can be added from your PC, using Picasa.
First, make sure your copy of picasa is logged in to your Google account. (on your computer, not your phone.)
Then, tag your contact in a photo. Make sure after tagging it shows your tagged person as an "online contact."
Then, right click on the thumbnail of the person, and select "use as Google contact Thumbnail."
Check your contact on the phone, it should update fairly quickly.

You can do this without uploading any pictures to web albums.
If you try doing it from Gmail contacts, for example, you'll only be able to upload a picture from your web albums, (which I didn't try, so I won't comment on,) or you can upload them from your PC directly, but then you'll have to wait for the upload, crop it to find the face and generally take much longer than if you use photos you may already have tagged in Picasa.

Last edited:

Beka27

Reaction score
Sync My Pix is working quite well. Even if they don't automatically sync (maybe because their phone number isn't listed, or you have them in your contacts differently, such as "Billy" rather than "William Smith"), all you have to do is long-press on the person in SyncMyPix and then link the contact... It takes a few minutes to go thru everyone but it retains the info.