Gingerbread 6-1-2011

weezer17

Reaction score
Downloaded it today and not happy. Wishing I could go back to old software. Does anyone know how to I might be able to?

Parkhum

Reaction score
Downloaded it today and not happy. Wishing I could go back to old software. Does anyone know how to I might be able to?

I kind of feel the same way. I'll be listening to music via Winamp or the native Music app and then it's like "BAM I'M GONNA TURN OFF."
Thanks pal.

Parkhum

Reaction score
I mean...I'll be listening to music on my DX and then it'll just reboot itself. The music cuts out so I check the device and it's rebooting itself. That's what I mean.

weezer17

Reaction score
Oh great that sucks. I just don't like the way it looks or that there are those icons on the bottom that you can't remove. Plus my garbage can is gone.

NoBloatware

Reaction score
For the problems when playing music check out this answer: https://supportforums.motorola.com/message/458810#458810

He recommends what amounts to an automated task killer set to a very low/mild setting. I'm normally against such things but I do believe it is currently necessary on the X until they release another update.

EDIT: some say a factory reset will fix the crashing problem

Also, if you don't like the look of Moto's stock launcher/home then try any of the free replacements out there that are far superior. Personally, I love GO Launcher EX.

EDIT: GO Launcher's privilege requirements are too intrusive. I now use ADW.

Last edited:

justinnine

Reaction score
Droid x running 2.3.3

My Droid X is stock running 2.3.3 and it's my 3rd one. It continually flickers back to the home screen then back to the games I'm playing or it just reboots it's self. I've only had this one a month. Gingerbread stinks. I'm thinling of upgrading to the Verizon Iphone. any one ever had the Iphone from Verizon?

droidx2010

Reaction score
I agree that gingerbread stinks...On another note, if this is your 3rd Droid X, either you have diminished capacity for wisdom or just don't care about wasting your money. Who in their right mind would go through 3 Droid Xs & still be happy?

skydiverbill

Reaction score
ok where is the app drawer

Or do you mean that they're not even in your app drawer?

lol where is the app drawer?