Ginger

akiles

Reaction score
Been reading about the experiences of the brave ones that tried the leaked gingerbread -can't figure out why someone would attempt this without full support, but I'm glad for them :)
Anyway, they are amazed at the battery life. In a different forum, one user noted "the battery life is amazing, I went 7hrs without charging...".

While I'd like to try the new features of gingerbread and check out the new blurr, I don't think I'm willing to sacrify the battery life I have with rubix (nearly 4x).

Your thoughts?

mcp770

Reaction score
Well here is the deal. I have the extended battery and I now have double the battery life running GB than I did with any .340 based custom rom. As for giving it a try I can honstly say it has less to do with bravery than being familiar with the SBF process. I just upgraded to the ota leak last night from the prior GB leak and had to SBF back to .340 to do so. It took me 5 minutes to be back on stock .340 and re-root. Now if you make a nandroid backup of your current setup you can upgrade to GB and give it a try. If you don't like it just SBF back to .340 and re-root, then restore your backup of RubiX. In less than ten minutes and less than 5 button clicks you can be right back where you started. You truely risk nothing trying GB and imo it's worth the upgrade especially when Drod tweaks the rom.

OP
A

akiles

Reaction score
Man, I've sbfed before but it has taken me about 1hr each time. Last time it took my phone nearly 2hrs! Maybe because I did it on win7 64? -heard that some people had problems sbfing from 64b systems. Meh...
So, if I understood correctly, your battery like is better with GB than with rubix (or any other custom room)? If so, then -like you- I cannot wait to see the improvements on batt life after (and if) Drod gets his hands on it.
Thanks for the feedback, MCP!

Last edited:

mcp770

Reaction score
I use rsd 4.8 with win 7 and have no issue. Drod actually puts out tweaked gb builds with blurry bread so you can have best of both worlds. Make sure you have rsd 4.8 and all the latest moto drivers and it should be less than ten min top sbf. But assure you that gb is way better. Grab the newest version at mydroidworld.com under the droid x discussion forum.