Getting New Droid - suggestions

Picasso71

Reaction score
Hey guys, newly registered to this forum but have been here many times over the past year. Let me apologize right away if this is the wrong area for this discussions. More to the point, I am currently using a Droid X and absolutely love it. I have it rooted, mainly for the free teathering functionality it provides. Unfortunately due to rough use and unideal evnviorments, (I bartend at night so sometimes it can get a little moisture to it) my "home bar" at the bottom of the phone where the home and back button are located are starting to short out or stick which is basically making my phone unusable due to the fact that as soon as i open a program the screen reverts back to the home screen. My question would be what do you guys recommend I upgrade to? I was considering the X2 because of the dual processor, but it is not 4g ready and my area is suppose to be getting 4g by the end of the year. I'm wondering the pro/cons of the current 4g phones out there. I am eligible for an upgrade now, but should I wait because there i something new an awesome coming out soon?....is there one out there on the top of everyones list? Also, has I stated before I would like it to be able to be rooted so I don't have to pay for teathering. Any solid input is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thunderbolt for the original 4G VZW phone.

Bionic if you can wait until Sept at some time.

Droid Charge if you like Samsung.

LG Revolution is also 4G.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk