getin a new phone...how to recover apps

93fuelslut

Reaction score
I have a d3 and gonna get a new one cause this one has been dropped to much... how can I recover all my apps

Heywood

Reaction score
Astro File Manager to do a back up of your apps

OP
93fuelslut

93fuelslut

Reaction score
10-4 ghost rider.........man I had astro for the longest and didn't even know u could do that...and I also have the new pirates of the Caribbean movie on there and don't know how........but thanks

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You want to backup apps? That's a different story. Are you rooted?

OP
93fuelslut

93fuelslut

Reaction score
Yea d3 rooted......... and if I backed up apes from astro how do I recover them when I get a new d3?

REMilk

Reaction score
When I upgraded from the OG Droid to the Droid 3, I took no steps in backing up apps. After activating the Droid 3, I found that 100% of the 'purchased' apps from the App Market were automatically downloaded and installed. Just a handful of the 'free' apps that were installed on my OG Droid were automatically installed. In fact, many were no longer listed under 'My Apps'.

None of the apps from the Amazon AppStore automatically installed, however, the ApStore had a complete list of the apps I had obtained from there.

I still have my OG Droid, so I can see the apps that I installed.

Not automatically installing apps from either the App Market or the AppStore is an inconvenience.

However, since the Droid 3 is more powerful and has more storage, I used this as an opportunity to test some different apps as replacement for those app that were not automatically installed. I spent a good portion of one evening while watching TV to test apps and install what I wanted. In some cases, I used the exact same app on the Droid 3 as on the OG Droid and in others, I used apps from different developers.

Good Luck,
Bob