Get Unstuck from ICS Leak 200 (AKA Upgrading from 200 to 206) INSTRUCTIONS

Z4ck

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
bdsullivan76 said:
You are correct. I must have only looked at the first 3 numbers. I just did a quick glance while i was on my break.

Sent from my DROID4

Its all good,people make mistakes not a big deal

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
I have a feeling we will be able to go from 206 to 208 once the 208 kernel is released, but one of the developers in the other thread said OTA Rootkeeper won't survive the flashing process mentioned in the first post of this thread, so those of us on 206 will be stuck on it if you don't want to lose root going up to 208.

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
Same here, at least 206 works well.

Here's the post I mentioned:

The differences...

.219 (GB) to .208 (ICS) is that you are using the OTA "update" process which just updates your system.

.206 (ICS) to .208 (ICS) if possible using the same .200 (ICS) to .206 (ICS) process....your are fastbooting your system partition and a few others wiping them back to stock then updating a semi stock system to .208 (ICS).

I don't see OTA rootkeeper having the ability to retain root on a system that is fastbooted with stock images.

So the problem is that those of us who have rooted 206 will lose root when we flash 219 during the unstick process. Since it will be a hybrid system (GB with ICS kernel) we cannot boot and therefore we cannot install rootkeeper again and then resume the process to update to 208.

Last edited:

Z4ck

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
orangechoochoo said:
Same here, at least 206 works well.

I think so to tho only downfall i see it on it is the quick battery drain anyone else having the same issue?

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
I have it too but I also had it with 219. I froze as many things as possible and I also have Juicedefender. Maybe I didnt condition the battery properly when I first got the phone.

Z4ck

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
orangechoochoo said:
I have it too but I also had it with 219. I froze as many things as possible and I also have Juicedefender. Maybe I didnt condition the battery properly when I first got the phone.

Well im underclocking, not gonna waste time freezing apps yet, hopefully ill get this 208 system soon...

Sent from my DROID4 using Droid Forums

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
Battery life seems average for me, about the same I would get from stock. I keep waiting on a version of gummy, aokp or cm9 for the leak to be released. Then I would not care about updating any further until the official ics. Going through crack flashing withdrawals. Lol.

Sent from my DROID4

Z4ck

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Battery life seems average for me, about the same I would get from stock. I keep waiting on a version of gummy, aokp or cm9 for the leak to be released. Then I would not care about updating any further until the official ics. Going through crack flashing withdrawals. Lol.

Sent from my DROID4

I know what you mean =D i miss my galaxy nexus....

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
The guy who made motofail has root for ICS but isn't releasing it until the ICS OTA comes. It wasn't specified whether he is waiting for the Razr OTA or the D4 OTA, but if he releases it after the Razr ICS OTA comes out then there may be a chance Moto plugs the exploit for the D4 ICS OTA when that comes out months later and then we're screwed until another exploit is found.

Maybe I'm glad I have a leaked ICS with root.

4low4fun

Reaction score
orangechoochoo said:
The guy who made motofail has root for ICS but isn't releasing it until the ICS OTA comes. It wasn't specified whether he is waiting for the Razr OTA or the D4 OTA, but if he releases it after the Razr ICS OTA comes out then there may be a chance Moto plugs the exploit for the D4 ICS OTA when that comes out months later and then we're screwed until another exploit is found.

Maybe I'm glad I have a leaked ICS with root.

But it would work to root the leaked versions.

droidian1441

Reaction score
But it would work to root the leaked versions.

But then Motorola finds it and builds up a new source and adds it to the software to block the rooting method. In which then all of us on the OTA would be stuck and he would have to spend his hard time finding another exploit. If he doesn't release it they can't figure out what it is and they can't patch it. When the OTA is released we can root immediately afterwards if he waits to release it.