Gb

ViperX

Reaction score
Do we have to be on stock 2.2 to get the gb upgrade Friday?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes. Stock and unrooted with all the bloat installed. Might want to just .sbf back to stock anyway.

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
V

ViperX

Reaction score
Is it very hard yo sbf back to froyo?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
No. You'll need rsd lite 4.9, the full dx sbf and the latest moto drivers. For the future, it's a good idea to know how to sbf before flashing a rom or modifying in any way. Search the forums for the files and youtube as well. There is a great video on dx sbf with links

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you need help, ill walk or even talk you through it. Just let me know

Antob125

Reaction score
Do we have to be on stock 2.2 to get the gb upgrade Friday?

From what I hear its gonna be hard to root so be aware if you sbf and get OTA update itwont be rooted

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I love GB .595. I won't go to the OTA update until a bunch of people try it out and root it successfully.

I'm gonna run ZS 1.7 after I finish testing the GB compatible version of BF.
Sent from my DROIDX

Scott26

Reaction score
When this update comes out will it just be in a pop up form? Or will I have to select to update? I just want to be sure that if my GF is using my phone and this pops up she wouldn't select it thinking she was helping, and I am rooted running APEX.

meagerfindings

Reaction score
Hi guys and gals,
This will be my first post on Droid Forums, I sate that proudly as my question will only do the same :) I rooted my DX a couple weeks ago using one of the guides found here on the forums, doing everything on my phone. I have installed a couple apps that use root access but mainly only barnacle for having wifi at home. I have not modified any system files other than what was reqired to root my DX.

Will the OTA automatically download to my phone and if so will it brick it or do other damage if I do not unroot it first?

Thank you for your help! I truly appreciate it and I am tankful for your patience with those of us who are still so new to the world of rooting. Thanks!

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would unroot but if you don't it shouldn't cause any damage and you'll still be able to get the update