Gaxlay Nexus with a 1.5GHz CPU???

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's probably the same CPU we have, they're just leaving the clock speed untouched. We have a 1.5GHz chip downclocked to 1.2GHz.

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's probably the same CPU we have, they're just leaving the clock speed untouched. We have a 1.5GHz chip downclocked to 1.2GHz.

+1, this is likely the correct answer. I can't imagine them going as far as swapping out a different CPU just for a different carrier.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
The reason it wasn't clocked at 1.5 was because it was terribly buggy and unstable. If this version of the Nexus is actually clocked at 1.5, this is potentially good news for us, since the kernel source can also be used for our phones.

OP
bwillie

bwillie

Reaction score
I'm with you guys, I'm hoping they found a way to get it up to 1.5 so we can move up as well!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
The reason it wasn't clocked at 1.5 was because it was terribly buggy and unstable. If this version of the Nexus is actually clocked at 1.5, this is potentially good news for us, since the kernel source can also be used for our phones.

OK, wasn't sure and it wasn't that important to go research it... :p

Oh, wouldn't it be cool if that kernel came in a stock OTA... :D. :dreaming:

Yea, I WILL go to a Sprint store and rip that cpu out for my own use!

Hey, I'm with ya! :D

Last edited:

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
I doubt it's a different cpu, might be planning to have it out after some bug fixes therefore able to handle the higher clock speeds which as its been said here is good news for us. And as also been said here, ill take a lower clock speed on Verizon rather than a faster clock on sprint crappy network ...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
I doubt we will ever get an OTA to clock the kernel to 1.5, but the kernel source could definitely be used by our talented devs.

darthmuffin

Reaction score
My vote goes for typo. I'll bet the guy writing the ad just looked up the OMAP 4 CPU specs and saw "1.5Ghz" so that's what he wrote down. While it may be rated at 1.5, it doesn't run at that.