LG U+ LTE Revealed – 1.5GHz Dual-core, 75Mbs and 720p HD Display

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
gsmarena_001.jpg

Looks like LG isn’t ready to throw in the towel just yet. The South Korean manufacturer recently put up an extremely impressive flash site for their upcoming LG U+ LTE. So, just what is this LG U+? Well, the model number for the device could be the LG-LU6200 and if you want to do some serious speculating, judging from that leaked Verizon roadmap we saw a few weeks ago, could also be the Revolution 2 dropping on October 20th.

As far as specs go, the LG U+ LTE will feature a 1.5GHz dual-core Snapdragon processor, support for LTE up to 75Mbps and a 4.5-inch “True HD” 720p AHIPS display of which recently won an award for outclassing Samsung’s Galaxy S II AMOLED unit. The device will also come equipped with an 8MP camera, 1.3MP front facing webcam, 1GB of RAM and a super slick profile coming in at only 10.5mm thick. As it stands, the LG U+ LTE will be announced next week on the 26th and launch exclusively in South Korea (just like the Galaxy S II) but I imagine it wont be long before we see a global release. It’s going to be an interesting holiday season for Android…

SOURCE: LG LU6200 leaks - LTE, 1.5GHz dual-core CPU and HD screen - GSMArena.com news

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
Awwwwwwwwwwwesome! Between this, the Prime and the Vigor, I'm going to have a hard decision to make, or just go bankrupt..

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Stop! You're making it impossible to stick with one phone! Sooo sexy though.

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
If this is indeed the lg revolution 2 I might consider getting it lol

Sent from my Droid 3 directly to YOU!

Artimis

Reaction score
The only hesitation I would have with this is the developer backing. The Revolution was completely unlocked but progress for it has been slow. I don't think CM7 was available for it......

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
research G2x and goto tmobilies g2x and lg's tmobile g2x sections in their forums and read.
could make your decision easier.
lg is not a purchase on day 1 phone and do not expect any admittance or timely fixes for any problems the phone has.
also be aware they have put out an update to lock a bootloader that was sold unlocked(gslate) , and lie about update timeframes, not a trust worthy or customer caring company.
could go on forever with the experience of the G2X but if i can save 1 person from experiencing the LG experience i have done good work.
you have called LG support this is peggy!

smokiedabong

Reaction score
I still prefer AMOLED screens , I like the contrast and how it looks in the dark , AHIPS is still a backlit display , you can still see the contour of the screen and backlight bleeding . I care about color accuracy on my TV where I watch movies , my phone can display any damn color it wants for the Pandora icon as long as it looks good and has a nice contrast , anyway webpages don't have natural colors , it's all digitally enhanced .

R

RETG

Every AMOLED I have seen does not display accurate colors. Whites tend to be bluish, and the red are so oversaturated they are unreal. In fact, I thought the Fascinate screen was so bad, I purchased an X. Howevever, I'm due for a new one after Oct, and will be really interested in this an the HTC Vigor.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm seriously considering holding off on my upgrade beginnning of OCT to see what the holiday season brings. D1 is running pretty good with GPA15/17 (or at least the novelty has worn off that I'm not using it and pushing it as much). Between my laptop and tablet I'm not using my smartphone much for anything other than calls, texts and emails. Although a fast, responsive LTE phone would make surfing my favorite sites pretty convenient.

drtnsnw

Reaction score
Wait, it is kinda square with a camera on the back and you talk into it!! Apple will sue for sure!!

Nice looking phone, I love the carbon fiber look!!

Chris