gapps force closing after 2.2 ota update ...REALLY???

rrockich

Reaction score
After all this time waiting and I seriously can't even get a smooth OTA??? Now after updating to 2.2 i get "process system is not responding" and "the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

Am I the only one this is happening to? I tried backing up and doing a factory reset. No dice. Also tried wiping market cache/data. No dice again.:icon_evil:

redsnow

Reaction score
You're not the only one. The same thing happened with my Fascinate when I just did the OTA update. I'm was getting the exact same two errors you listed.

After I finally got the notice that the update was done I no longer get the "process system is not responding" message, but I'm still getting the "the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." message.

[edit]: While searching around I found this tweet: http://twitter.com/#!/mcstafford/status/60944646704082944 that suggested uninstalling Google Search (Enhanced). I did this and it fixed my problems!

Last edited:
OP
R

rrockich

Reaction score
Worked for me too! Nice save! You have no idea how relieved I am. Guess I will hold off on my ebay sellers listing FOR NOW lol

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

denlem

Reaction score
Gmail is crashing for me all the time. I tried getting rid of the google search, but gmail still crashes.