Games randomly closing with no error report

Reaction score
Hi, and thank you for reading my post

For some reason, some of my games crash with no error, they'll be working fine for one second, and then the screen will go black for a few seconds and then put me right back at my droid desktop app menu, with no error report, no force close window, It's almost like i just exited out of the app myself but i didn't.

Here's a list of apps that crash minutes into using them, and a list of apps that don't crash

Games that DO crash

Quake3droid, Gun Bros (Beta) Dungeon hunter

Games that DON'T crash

Sims 3, SNES4droid, PSX4DROID, Sims 3, Gameboid, NFS Shift

Info about the phone:

Motorola droid (Froyo 2.2)

Rooted and overclocked to 900MHz

Phone has never been damaged

Phone has never had any other problems besides this

Have had phone for about 9 months now

If anyone has any ideas or thoughts on why this might be happening, I would love to hear about it,and would love to get this fixed so i can start buying games without fear of spending money on something that might not even play for more then 5 minutes

TLDR; Games play for 5-10 minutes, then crash back to droid desktop with no errors or force close window.

Thanks!

OP
MajorMontanaMax
Reaction score
Last bumpage for a while, please help! =( any ideas will help me with this

brando56894

Reaction score
Are you sure youre not hitting the back button by accident? Trying clearing your cache too, if it still happens reinstall the games and if that doesnt work wipe /data.

OP
MajorMontanaMax
Reaction score
Are you sure youre not hitting the back button by accident? Trying clearing your cache too, if it still happens reinstall the games and if that doesnt work wipe /data.

Thanks for the reply!

I'm 100% sure I'm not hitting the back button, on the game dungeon hunter i let it sit during game play, hands completely off the phone, and sure enough, around 5 minutes into game play, the app will either exit out, or the phone will completely restart, sadly i am unable to reinstall dungeon hunter because i got it when it was free during Christmas, and will have to pay for it in order to reinstall.

What are some things that would maybe make this happen?

Thanks!

AngryHatter

Reaction score
Do you have incoming phone or mail - is your synching interrupting the games?

Lloyd7592

Reaction score
I know very little about phones, so excuse me if this is a stupid question, but could the overclocking cause the issue?