Games aren't silenced with phone silence

altjx

Reaction score
Is it just me? When my phone is on silent, I fire up an app such as Draw Something, Hanging With Friends, etc. and I hear the game's sound. This CAN'T be the way it's meant to work, is it?

rdgxray

Reaction score
There are 2 volumes on Android phones...phone volume and media volume...if you silence your phone it will not ring or make a sound on txt msg received ...media volume will not be silenced ...if you fire up a game or video it will play sound at the media sound level which you can then turn down to almost silent or silent...you can do this before running media by going to settings then sounds...as far as I know there is no silence everything button

OP
A

altjx

Reaction score
rdgxray said:
There are 2 volumes on Android phones...phone volume and media volume...if you silence your phone it will not ring or make a sound on txt msg received ...media volume will not be silenced ...if you fire up a game or video it will play sound at the media sound level which you can then turn down to almost silent or silent...you can do this before running media by going to settings then sounds...as far as I know there is no silence everything button

Ahh.. Gotcha. Thanks!!

didymus

Reaction score
Actually, there are 6 separate volume streams. Audio Manager Pro allows you to see and set the volume of each stream.