Gallery Issues

4myeuro

Reaction score
I have been having problems with my gallery loading pictures. When I click on the gallery button, the folder names load but no thumbnails will load. When clicking on a folder, at first it seems empty, but then the pictures begin to load very slowly! When the photos seem to be loaded, if you attempt to scroll through it becomes very choppy and the pictures have to reload one by one. This is an extremely annoying problem and i wish to get it fixed as soon as possible. Also if I take a picture and go back to the gallery to see it, sometimes their is either half of it grayed out OR the picture will load for about 1 sec and then the default thumbnail covers the picture. Pretty much my gallery is useless. Any advise or tips are welcome! Thanks!!

steel worker

Reaction score
Yes i have had the same exact problems with my droid x. Also with my videos. My son started crawling the other day so i figured i would record it on my bad azz HD video camera well after i did i went to watch it it said "file cannot be displayed or played ". WTF. So upsetting. Can i fix tha problem and all the files or are they gone for good. Please help. Thanks in advance

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

lieblax

Reaction score
you could try downloading a gallery replacement such as just pictures, or there is sdrescan which will scan to refresh the images. i couldn't tell you how to fix your other issues though. are all of your pictures in the dcim folder or are there images in others?

ras0787

Reaction score
Do you guys have a ton of pictures? I used to and it was causing my gallery to have all sorts of weird problems. I moved a majority of the pics off my phone and onto my computer and it seemed to have fixed the problem.

lieblax

Reaction score
Do you guys have a ton of pictures? I used to and it was causing my gallery to have all sorts of weird problems. I moved a majority of the pics off my phone and onto my computer and it seemed to have fixed the problem.

This could very likely be the case. I have so many icons on my phone that its adds up to about 2000 pictures. Theyre not even in the dcim folder so I didnt think they would show up in the gallery but i guess I was mistaken. Now to take all of these icons off. Thanks!

ras0787

Reaction score
lol That is the exact reason why I had so many pictures in my gallery. Background and icon whoring. Let us know if that is your problem.

lieblax

Reaction score
lol That is the exact reason why I had so many pictures in my gallery. Background and icon whoring. Let us know if that is your problem.

yup that seems to be the culprit. no more absurd loading times! is there a way to hide images from the gallery? like downloaded ones that i don't want in there but still want on the phone? and is there any way to make a 3rd party gallery the default?