Galaxy S6 where is my digital clock?

aubreymh99

Reaction score
My wife has a digital clock on her main screen. How do I get one on my main screen?

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
My wife has a digital clock on her main screen. How do I get one on my main screen?

On the homescreen of your choice, long press the screen until a menu appears. Select Widgets. Scroll to the right to find your clock widget. Drag it onto the homescreen.

There are tons of cool clock widgets in the Playstore as well that allow many different customizations.

OP
A

aubreymh99

Reaction score
I have installed several clock widgets, but none so far have shown the actual current time.
These phones have a sorry way to position items. I try to drag an item and it hits the edge and starys where it is most of the time. This system needs a cut and paste capability. Much easier to use.

OP
A

aubreymh99

Reaction score
I have installed several clock widgets, but none so far have shown the actual current time.
These phones have a sorry way to position items. I try to drag an item and it hits the edge and starys where it is most of the time. This system needs a cut and paste capability. Much easier to use.

OP
A

aubreymh99

Reaction score
I did what you suggested. Problem is the clock widget is TOO LARGE for the home screen. How can I shrink it?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Some widgets can be resized. Long-press on the clock (tap and hold your finger there) and, if it's re-sizable, it will get an outline with dots on it. You can then drag those dots to make it the size you want.

I'm not sure if the stock clock widget will do that, but many third-party clocks from the Play Store will let you resize them.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Do a pinch motion with two fingers on a homescreen. Then add another page to the homescreens. Drop the widget onto it.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I don't know what you mean.
While you are on a homescreen you can pinch two fingers towards each other and it will then give you the option to add another page to your homescreens. You can then drop the clock widget onto the new one to experiment with resizing it.