Galaxy s5 - Remove samsung calendar and/alerts

drpk40

Reaction score
Hi,

I do not want to use the pre-installed Samsung calendar app, and cannot uninstall it.

After removing all permissions with the Samsung app, I keep getting a pop-up alert that states:

"Calendar noti. not shown
To receive notifications from Calendar, tap SETTINGS, go to App info > Permissions, then allow the following permissions: Calendar"

Is there anyway to get this to stop showing up?
Can this be uninstalled somehow?

Thanks!

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Hi,

I do not want to use the pre-installed Samsung calendar app, and cannot uninstall it.

After removing all permissions with the Samsung app, I keep getting a pop-up alert that states:

"Calendar noti. not shown
To receive notifications from Calendar, tap SETTINGS, go to App info > Permissions, then allow the following permissions: Calendar"

Is there anyway to get this to stop showing up?
Can this be uninstalled somehow?

Thanks!
There is no way to uninstall it, but you can disable it.
Go into system settings, apps, application manager...then scroll down to the calendar app and disable it. Make sure to remove any "defaults" that may be set up while you're there.
Good luck!

S7 Edge tap'n

OP
D

drpk40

Reaction score
Hey cr6, I tried that, it doesn't do anything. The disable function seems to be on already. The only thing I can do is push "force stop" which I would have to do everytime to the phone turns on.

Any other suggestions?

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Sorry bud, that's all I got. Unfortunately I don't have my S5 anymore so I can't troubleshoot it for you on my end. Hang in there and hopefully someone else can chime in with a suggestion.

What calendar app are you currently using in place of the stock calendar?

S7 Edge tap'n

OP
D

drpk40

Reaction score
I'm currently using the Google Calendar that I downloaded from the google play.

The stock one has no name other than 'Calendar', but I assume its from samsung, as it can't be downloaded, or uninstalled.

Any ideas?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I have an older Note as a work phone, so this may be a little different on the Note 5? On mine, I downloaded the Google Calendar app. Then went into Settings > Application Manager and tapped Calendar > Disable. You have to leave Calendar Storage enabled. Then open the Google Calendar app and set it up to use your settings / G Mail account, etc. I didn't mess with any permissions on the stock Calendar app or the Calendar Storage app, just disabled the stock Calendar app and started using Google Calendar.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I have an older Note as a work phone, so this may be a little different on the Note 5? On mine, I downloaded the Google Calendar app. Then went into Settings > Application Manager and tapped Calendar > Disable. You have to leave Calendar Storage enabled. Then open the Google Calendar app and set it up to use your settings / G Mail account, etc. I didn't mess with any permissions on the stock Calendar app or the Calendar Storage app, just disabled the stock Calendar app and started using Google Calendar.
This is exactly what I did on my S7 as well and it's been working great.

S7 Edge tap'n

OP
D

drpk40

Reaction score
Hey cr6 and sajo, excuse the delay.

Yes, I tried this already and does not work.

I did some searching around, and it appears alot of people have this problem, and there was no real solution. I will just use the Samsung app for now. I was just doing it security reasons, as I wanted to go through Google directly, and not via Samsung.

Any suggestions, would be happy to hear them.

Otherwise, thanks alot for the answers - appreciated!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I have the Note 5 but I'm not having the pop-up problem you're describing. I use digical as my default calendar. I did notice that I also can't disable the calendar app on my N5. What happens if you go into the calendar application settings, go to notifications and turn off allow notifications?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OP
D

drpk40

Reaction score
Yeah, no luck with that either. Nothing seems to work to remove the stock app's calendar permissions.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Have you gone into application manager and cleared your defaults under the calendar app?
c1db81a110b41773b0c38778de91c7c4.jpg

S7 Edge tap'n

OP
D

drpk40

Reaction score
Yes, that didn't work.
But I did remove all the calendars from the app it was connected to. I think that may work - I thought I may have tried that before, but I am not sure.

Thank you to everyone who helped with all answers, I greatly appreciate it!