Galaxy s4 unlocked

kodemaniam

Reaction score
I will be receiving an unlocked model of the s4. I need to know, will it work on Verizon network? It's the i9500 model. All I need to do is switch out my sim from my s3 correct?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
No it won't - completely different chipset in the int'l unlocked version vs. the US versions.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the short answer, had to step away for a bit. The unlocked version uses different LTE frequencies and doesn't have a CDMA radio. Plus it uses Samsung's Exynos chipset, vs. the US variant's Qualcomm chipset. The Verizon version (SCH-I545) has a GSM radio and can work on the same GSM frequencies as the I9500, but only if Verizon unlocks it for the customer. This should be helpful:

Samsung Galaxy S4 CDMA vs. Samsung I9500 Galaxy S4 - GSMArena.com

MrTruLuvAlwayz

Reaction score
Will unlocked AT&T Galaxy S4 work on Verizon network?

Sorry for the short answer, had to step away for a bit. The unlocked version uses different LTE frequencies and doesn't have a CDMA radio. Plus it uses Samsung's Exynos chipset, vs. the US variant's Qualcomm chipset. The Verizon version (SCH-I545) has a GSM radio and can work on the same GSM frequencies as the I9500, but only if Verizon unlocks it for the customer. This should be helpful:

Samsung Galaxy S4 CDMA vs. Samsung I9500 Galaxy S4 - GSMArena.com

I have an unlocked AT&T Galaxy S4 and was wondering would it work on Verizon?