Galaxy S 3 / Nexus ....

Qui3tStorm

Reaction score
I currently have a G Nex, great phone performance wise, but I hate the battery life (I have extended), and the radio (reception) is terrible compared to my previous HTC & Moto devices. More so Moto than anything. With the phone race in full swing, battery life and reception are the two most important things to me. With that said does anyone how well the GS3 preforms in reception service, specifically compared to the Nexus.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
It will do much better than the Nexus, the Nexus and Samsung went the TI route and it bit them in the rear, this time it uses the Qualcomm chipset Krait S4 with built in radios in the chip, this phone should have the best 4g/3g reception out of any phone to date on Verizon.

Reaction score
Sorry to hear poor reception try a replacement if not already. But to the main point. The S3 has 2 gigs of ram most of which will be active and unused. Sure the qualcomm will get good battery life but with two gigs of ram and Verizon's network could mean equal battery life. Plus Google went with TI for a reason on the nexus. Something about better memory management or something like that. Of which the s4 krait or even the s3 krait didn't use.

But to swing your favor try darker colors on the nexus ie dark themes. Try sorcery rom plus imo lean kernel. It helps but best of luck. And moto uses the TI SoC so shouldn't it fair just like the nexus in reception area?