Galaxy or Malata ZPad(?)

Youminker

Reaction score
I know Galaxy is so cool and it already been told so much everywhere online. Yeah, it's captured my attention a lot and I'm almost going to pull the trigger. Well, I found another one called Malata ZPad (or something like that). I don't know Malata too much, but I do think that tablet is really fantastic. Dual CPU of Tegra 2 and Cortex A9( awesome!), capacitive screen, Android 2.2... I have to say it's really a killer. I noticed it on this site at the first time: Malata ZPad
So, now, I'm a little lost.

BuglessFan

Reaction score
You do realize that it's a relatively unknown/untrusted brand for more than the Tab is now with the new price breaks, and it has zero 3G capablities (external modem capable, um, that's just called WiFi). So, more power to you. I can give you a link to a V36 Ferrurri that goes for a bit more than a Ferrari, or a Rotex with two more crystals than a Rolex if you want.

hufn

Reaction score
You do realize that it's a relatively unknown/untrusted brand for more than the Tab is now with the new price breaks, and it has zero 3G capablities (external modem capable, um, that's just called WiFi). So, more power to you. I can give you a link to a V36 Ferrurri that goes for a bit more than a Ferrari, or a Rotex with two more crystals than a Rolex if you want.

Wow, what a helpful response. The op asked a serious question and all you had the courtesy to do was be obnoxious. You are missing several points - there are a ton of relative unknowns making tablets. That doesn't mean they are bad just that it is one factor. As to the 3g I know I would prefer it without. The total cost of the ' subsidized' galaxy is a whole lot more when you take into consideration the two years of a data/phone plan. Helpful is appreciated, rude is not.

To the OP I would suggest checking out the tablet forum that is the sister site to this one. I don't know the exact address but it had to be on the boards here somewhere. They will have more general info on all tablets. Good luck.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

BuglessFan

Reaction score
There's no subsidy or contract with the 3G on most major carriers. Some offer discounts for plans, but VZW there's no obligation or contract: period. The reply was honest, if you want to pay the same or MORE than a name brand for a completely unknown, do so. The bait and switch nature of the wording "3G expansion possible" is designed to abuse those with little technical background and skill. It's the marketers of the product doing this, and charging a hefty premium for it. To call out the manufacturer and the idea of holding it up as all manufacturers with a track record or not as equal and fairly equivalent choices is to encourage the continued swindling and manipulating of the underinformed and inexperienced. If you find honesty rude, get a life. Your politeness is appreciated as well as your long history of being helpful and honest on the site. Thanks again buddy, I appreciate the smug condescencion in calling me out. Have a great day, no hard feelings, you are who you are.

Last edited:
OP
Youminker

Youminker

Reaction score
Just noticed there are some rumors: the Malata ZPad is as same as Viewsonic G-Tab. Viewsonic rebranded the Malata Zpad. What's really about viewsonic?

jvodan

Reaction score
Just noticed there are some rumors: the Malata ZPad is as same as Viewsonic G-Tab. Viewsonic rebranded the Malata Zpad. What's really about viewsonic?

The GPad only has 512MB.
The ZPad is almost Malata's reference design for others to package,
The 3G module in the GTab and ZPad differ etc.
The Gpad is not the only rebadged/repackaged Zpad on the market.

I own a ZPAD and the only thing better on the market in terms of HW is the new zoom.
I bought the ZPad after working out it had the greatest hw capability on the market at the time.
The earlier ZPAD'S had no 3G and the latter ones have GPS, I got the 3G by missed out on the GPS, tempted to rip the thing open and see if I can retro fit a GPS module.

Greatest draw back is the LCD has very poor viewing angles, but this is a personal device.