Galaxy nexus vs Samsung stratosphere speed test

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
We've explained why the test is useless. One is using an optimized operating system, where the other is using an operating system released 4 days ago.

alboboy10

Reaction score
verizon will see that and say "hey look they don't care about speed of service, lets release next lte device capped at 5mpbs". then what? are you still going to sing the same tune? in my opinion all lte phones should be performing within 10% margin of error not 40-50%.

op has a valid point, lets not get on his case because it wasn't a perfect lab type test environment.

My phone is getting 35 mbps. I have no complaints.

Reaction score
verizon will see that and say "hey look they don't care about speed of service, lets release next lte device capped at 5mpbs". then what? are you still going to sing the same tune? in my opinion all lte phones should be performing within 10% of each other speed wise not 40-50%.

op has a valid point, lets not get on his case because it wasn't a perfect lab type test environment.

What a ridiculous conclusion. They launch a service that provides super fast speed then they cap it - duh !!!

vicky1377

Reaction score
Whoever doesn't like the phone just return the phone for motto crap or rezound or whatever you like that suit your needs better. Thats a useless test and doesn't prove anything. Just compare the web page rendering with heavy graphics on two different devices on 4g network.

pyro6128

Reaction score
That different server conclusion is bull.

I've run several speed tests on different servers with the same end result.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Haha admitting that you've run several flawed and subjective tests doesn't strengthen your argument. But I get faster speeds than that anyway so it makes no difference to me.

OP
B

bsmith0731

Reaction score
Whoever doesn't like the phone just return the phone for motto crap or rezound or whatever you like that suit your needs better. Thats a useless test and doesn't prove anything. Just compare the web page rendering with heavy graphics on two different devices on 4g network.

No one complained about not liking the phone.

This Is a complaint about speed differentials.

I will be glad to do multiple tests for you people.
I have a family full of android owners.

Evo 4g
Evo 3d
Two bionic owners
Galaxy s 2
Droid x
Thunderbolt
And stratosphere.

Maybe I should line them all up and start testing everything.

OP
B

bsmith0731

Reaction score
Haha admitting that you've run several flawed and subjective tests doesn't strengthen your argument. But I get faster speeds than that anyway so it makes no difference to me.

I don't understand how its flawed.

captdroid

Reaction score
No one complained about not liking the phone.

This Is a complaint about speed differentials.

I will be glad to do multiple tests for you people.
I have a family full of android owners.

Evo 4g
Evo 3d
Two bionic owners
Galaxy s 2
Droid x
Thunderbolt
And stratosphere.

Maybe I should line them all up and start testing everything.

Doesn't matter to me. Test away! lol I use WiFi at home... lol :D And the 4g speeds I see others getting is good enough for me once 4g shows up or I enter into a 4g area. So knock yourself out!

powerwagon

Reaction score
I just wasted 5 mins of my life reading this thread.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
nobody here said they don't like the phone and some people might use other features besides browser on their phone to transmit data where speed could be a factor like streaming multiple high def videos to tethered devices.

OP
B

bsmith0731

Reaction score
nobody here said they don't like the phone and some people might use other features besides browser on their phone to transmit data where speed could be a factor like streaming multiple high def videos to tethered devices.

I agree.

I love the phone. And i am looking forward to the updates.

Speed matters.