Galaxy Nexus Root ToolKit: One-Click Unlock Bootloader, Unroots & Relocks Too!

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
GnexRootToolkit.jpeg

One of our own, over in the GalaxyNexusForums sister-site, has created an amazing tool for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus. The tool is called, "Wug's Galaxy Nexus Root Toolkit," and was created by developer, WugFresh. It has a slew of amazing one-click features for those who want to play around with unlocking the bootloader or rooting the Galaxy Nexus. This utility can unlock the bootloader and root your device, or take you back to factory stock, with a single click of the “Unlock + Root” or “Unroot + OEM Lock” functions. You can even install the latest Samsung drivers and SDK with a single click. Nice work, WugFresh!

You can check out detailed installation instructions and get the download link at the source link below.

Source: GalaxyNexusForums

jerroedr

Reaction score
this is exactly what I was waiting for. the only problem now is that although Im signed up for it, i havent been checking the sister site, and it appears im missing out on some valuable stuff

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Awesome an easy solution to root/unlock. I'd test it out but don't feel like going back to stock:D

mrmattch3w

Reaction score
I'll be trying this out when I get back home. Haha I was in Vegas reclaiming the money spent on my gn

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
S W E E T !

I'm still trying to see if I can use my device for a while without rooting. It's already fast, so no need there. When I rooted my OG Droid, sure I could overclock, but other problems came about. There were always side effects for rooting. The newest ROM had cool features, but something was always broken. ICS is beautiful. My dualcore processor works very nicely. I have sufficient Ram. I can remove permissions from applications so no need to firewall apps. I can backup and restore data using adb.

Still, nice to have this very convenient option. Great find dgstorm.

Ohyea!

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Finally, I have been waiting on a one click root. I just don't have the time to manually root my devices anymore. This is much welcomed.

mrmark27

Reaction score
ahh, i finally gaveup waiting on the 1-click root option and did it the down n dirty way. o well