Galaxy Nexus now or wait for the Galaxy S III?

brochiller

Reaction score
Just looking for some other opinions here. My contract with Verizon is up, and I'm looking to upgrade from the OG Droid. I can either get a new phone now, which would be the Galaxy Nexus, or I can wait until the Galaxy S III comes out (May I'm hearing).

Now the thing is, I can't afford to get a phone off contract, so whatever I end up getting I'm probably going to be stuck with for 2 years, so I want to make a good decision, but I'm also really getting sick of my old Droid.

Any suggestions? And are we even sure the Galaxy S III is even coming to Verizon when it comes out?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Is the SIII even coming to Verizon?

It's nowhere near May, so can you hang onto your phone for that long? Have you checked out any other phones in person?

OP
B

brochiller

Reaction score
Is the SIII even coming to Verizon?

It's nowhere near May, so can you hang onto your phone for that long? Have you checked out any other phones in person?

Yeah I'm not sure if the SIII is coming to Verizon or not. If it isn't, then that makes my decision pretty easy, since it's really the only phone we know of right now that I want over the Nexus.

I haven't checked out any other phones in person, but I know I want one with the 1280x720 screen, and the only other phone is the LG Spectrum, which I don't really see any advantages of over the Nexus.