Solved G3 need to get rid of small copy of screen visible on main screen.

mahaneyrobkathie

Reaction score
I have a LG G3 I just replaced the screen on. When I powered it up the is a small copy of the screen that appears on the screen and it won't go away. It is always there no matter what screen or app I am in. QuickMemo _2015-10-27-12-00-47_resized.png
Any ideas on how to get rid of it?

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Is it a duplicate of the screen you are on or always that home screen? Where did you get the screen from? Why was it replaced? What kind of damage was done to the phone? Looks like a hardware issue to me but we need more information

OP
mahaneyrobkathie

mahaneyrobkathie

Reaction score
The phone got dropped and cracked the front screen. I got the G3 Replacement LCD and Digitizer Assembly with Frame from repairpartsplus.com

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Title changed to reflect which device.

This is a strange situation for sure.

Something either went wrong with the device hardware other than the screen breaking, or something...

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
My thought is there is something wrong with the main board in the phone.... I would contact the seller with the above photo and see if they would be willing to send a new set up again to rule that out... Check all cables and connections inside the device is another thought.......

OP
mahaneyrobkathie

mahaneyrobkathie

Reaction score
I discovered one more thing. The mini image has the image size embedded in it. tmp_22639-QuickMemo+_2015-10-28-07-27-5530337284.png