FXZ Information. Reverting your Bionic to "Factory Out-Of-Box"

welsalex

Reaction score
http://www.talkandroid.com/60657-dr...iles-for-broken-software-and-bricked-devices/

I figured i would start a new thread about this. (Currently being discussed in the leak thread)

Many of you have installed the leaked update and now regret the decision.

Forewarning: That decision may or may not have screwed you. None the less I've included the above link to aide in resetting your Bionic back to Factory Default Out-Of-Box condition.

Technically if you follow all the instructions found on the page I have linked you should end up with a Factory Issued Bionic. WARNING: Its not a guarantee that this method is 100% successful! However if done properly under the right circumstances you should be fine. I myself have not used it but have spent a bunch of time reading various sites and talking with various people about using this method.

Things to know:
1. No one (Me or anyone else besides yourself is responsible to unofficial modification of your phone)
2. This method requires patience! The process of re-flashing takes time, so let it do its thing once it gets going.
3. Follow the instructions EXACTLY!!!!
4. From what I've been told, set your phone to USB Storage Connection and Enable USB Debugging before proceeding. (USB Debugging: Goto Settings->Applications->Development->USB Debugging)

This method has been well over 90% successful for all sorts of people. What that means is there is still a chance that it wont work. So keep that in mind when you decide to go thru with this option.

I myself plan on using this when the official OTA is released so hopefully I can be back on or close to the official upgrade path! (I have installed the leaked update which is why i plan on doing this. Sidenote: the leaked update is working great for me!)

I would like to see responces from others about using this method and responces from veterans about what they think!

Good luck everyone!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Lakilaulea

Reaction score
I used this method and it did not work for me. I followed the directions exactly, but it still soft bricked my phone. I think it might be because I'm using a laptop and there is a line in the directions that says to use the back USB ports, as the front ones are known to fail. Well, I have a laptop, so all my USB ports are on the same side of the keyboard. I'm just adding my input for those who try this method and find it doesn't work for them. I found another site: Droid Bionic » -Unbrick Bionic with OneClick Restore “R3l3As3Droot and 43V3R Root” 10/28/11

The YouTube video was very helpful for me because I got to be visually walked through the process before I did it myself. It worked flawlessly and took less than 5 minutes to do. Just another option for the ones who might have problems like I did. Cheers! :)

DrZenga

Reaction score
I used this method and it did not work for me. I followed the directions exactly, but it still soft bricked my phone. I think it might be because I'm using a laptop and there is a line in the directions that says to use the back USB ports, as the front ones are known to fail. Well, I have a laptop, so all my USB ports are on the same side of the keyboard. I'm just adding my input for those who try this method and find it doesn't work for them. I found another site: Droid Bionic » -Unbrick Bionic with OneClick Restore “R3l3As3Droot and 43V3R Root” 10/28/11

The YouTube video was very helpful for me because I got to be visually walked through the process before I did it myself. It worked flawlessly and took less than 5 minutes to do. Just another option for the ones who might have problems like I did. Cheers! :)

It's the program I use too when I soft brick/bootloop/restore to out of box bionic

McGyver777

Reaction score
Could you start a new thread about how to get from 5.5.893 to the very newest released update? Now that I have taken the plunge I want it all, LOL!

OP
welsalex

welsalex

Reaction score
It's the program I use too when I soft brick/bootloop/restore to out of box bionic

I have some questions about this. What options do you use to get back to STOCK everything and have it ready for Official OTAs? It seems like this can restore to factory but also root the phone. I want just stock everything back to original including radio kernel etc. Please explain!

DeSoto

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo

This was the method I used
I had never done any rooting or flashing of a phone before and had issues with the step by step method of updates
the R313AS3dRoot software worked very well
I chose selection #4 so I do not have a rooted phone
There is an option to root the phone as well when you restore it

OP
welsalex

welsalex

Reaction score
This was the method I used
I had never done any rooting or flashing of a phone before and had issues with the step by step method of updates
the R313AS3dRoot software worked very well
I chose selection #4 so I do not have a rooted phone
There is an option to root the phone as well when you restore it

I dont want to root it but i do want the radio back to stock out of box. Im just concerned that having the radio updated still will prohibit the Official OTA from working. Get what im saying? Correct me if im wrong.

Edit: this is why i like the FXZ option but so far noone here has reported using the successfully

318Droid

Reaction score
I have some questions about this. What options do you use to get back to STOCK everything and have it ready for Official OTAs? It seems like this can restore to factory but also root the phone. I want just stock everything back to original including radio kernel etc. Please explain!

You CANNOT change the radio/kernal back. no downgrading that part of the phone that I kno of and has read. But I do think that after you use this method it puts you back on path for the OTAs. My OG, I never used a OTA, everything was manual so im not worried about OTA really but I will change my phone back when I read that OTAs are coming out. But this method does seem to work very good.

Edit....so does using the FXZ method also changes the radio/kernal? Didnt know that it.

OP
welsalex

welsalex

Reaction score
You CANNOT change the radio/kernal back. no downgrading that part of the phone that I kno of and has read. But I do think that after you use this method it puts you back on path for the OTAs. My OG, I never used a OTA, everything was manual so im not worried about OTA really but I will change my phone back when I read that OTAs are coming out. But this method does seem to work very good.

If you look at the original post at the top youll find a link to the FXZ and the directions. In the directions step 10 i think it talks about how it'll install radio images. That sounds to me like reverting thw radio. What do you think?

Edit: Again problem is the site even says its only 90% successful. The one guy here had it fail. Noone else has reported using the FXZ here and had it work.

DeSoto

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo

Edit....so does using the FXZ method also changes the radio/kernal? Didnt know that it.

my understanding of this as well
The radio will not be restored however it should not stop the OTA

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
worrying about the radio/kernel right now is probably a bit premature.
once the official OTA hits we'll know what is necessary to install that version.

right now just enjoy 5.7.893 and dont ruminate on the future.

OP
welsalex

welsalex

Reaction score
worrying about the radio/kernel right now is probably a bit premature.
once the official OTA hits we'll know what is necessary to install that version.

right now just enjoy 5.7.893 and dont ruminate on the future.

Lol true. The leaked 5.7.893 i have has my phone running excellently!

This thread was moreso for those looking for answers (we all know people will still ask) and ive seen a lot of conversations develop in different topics. A lot of good points and questions have arouse from this thread. So yes theres nothing to worry about now since the OTA hasnt hit yet.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
It's all speculation right now though. Great discussions based upon opinions rather than facts.
Just enjoy devices that are running nicely right now and when the official OTA hits the airwaves THEN we can start to discuss the protocol for updating.

I'm not ripping anybody with this post, I just dont see the point in getting all worked up about what may or may not happen in a couple of weeks. Once we get there, we'll get there. In the meantime enjoy the scenery :)