Future of the D1 Community

Reaction score
It seems this forum isn't lacking in viewers, but there never seem to be any engaging threads.

I know most of us, if not all, don't have upgrades for a while, but what are you planning to do next?

Stick with Moto? Go to HTC? Go to another network? iPhone?

Anything you guys are doing to keep your D1 still interesting?

I have to say, I've been pretty satisfied with my phone since the end of last year. I've had one issue which resulted in a refurb which has given me no problems. I get bored quickly, so I rooted and have been using UDFeXtreme.

I was bummed that so soon after I got my phone, and spent over 200 on it, that the price dropped and the X came out, and then a seemingly unlimited amount of phones that seemed to be better than mine, but my feelings of insignificance were assuaged with root and setCPU.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It seems this forum isn't lacking in viewers, but there never seem to be any engaging threads.

I know most of us, if not all, don't have upgrades for a while, but what are you planning to do next?

Stick with Moto? Go to HTC? Go to another network? iPhone?

Anything you guys are doing to keep your D1 still interesting?

I have to say, I've been pretty satisfied with my phone since the end of last year. I've had one issue which resulted in a refurb which has given me no problems. I get bored quickly, so I rooted and have been using UDFeXtreme.

I was bummed that so soon after I got my phone, and spent over 200 on it, that the price dropped and the X came out, and then a seemingly unlimited amount of phones that seemed to be better than mine, but my feelings of insignificance were assuaged with root and setCPU.

Many people feel that the D1 is still the best, and with good reason too. It's the easiest to root, there are tons of custom roms for it, and it's still the #1 Droid out there. Sure there are phones with faster processors, all you have to do with the D1 is root and overclock.

I have the D2 now, but the real reason I bought it was because I wanted to get an idea of what another Droid was like since I'm a moderator. I won't be doing that again anytime soon .

hyperlite456

Reaction score
I've had my stock droid1 since release day and still loving it. I would like to root and overclock, but there's so many damn sources that I don't know where to begin. Either way is all good..runs great

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I have the D2 now, but the real reason I bought it was because I wanted to get an idea of what another Droid was like since I'm a moderator. I won't be doing that again anytime soon .
Thanks for acknowledging that hook...I seriously considered having you banned from this subforum. How could you betray your brothers like that? :icon_evil:

Good to see you've come back to your senses! :icon_ banana: Party with us, where you belong.

-Matt

Droidfish

Reaction score
Long live the Droid, THE Droid, OG Droid! There's alot of great stuff going on around the d1 right now. The open nature of this phone just begs for it and there's more custom development around it than ever. While it will definitely die out eventually, it's not going any where real soon, not until there is another BIG step forward in smartphone and android. And when it does you expect it to not be anywhere near as open and accessible as the d1 was(is). I know I only speak for the hacking community but the original Droid was special along those lines.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

bendystrawboy

Reaction score
when theres a phone which is as open as my droid 1 i'll upgrade, i'm on an employee account and have qualified for a full upgrade since the 17th of september, i'm close to buying a droid x and just selling it on ebay.

onmyway

Reaction score
One of those places where we have a lot of sweet t
Current Phone Model
G N 4
It fit the palm of my hand when walking, it had three keyboards, the word on the street was it was a fantastic phone, the menus were not too difficult to navigate, and what I read about it being an open source phone lead me to understand it was alright for the end user to define what they wanted. The only reason I waited so long to buy in was because I half expected a worldwide savvy release before a planned trip I was about to make and even then I still bought it and took it with me. I really do not move on until forced to and have found myself partial to motorola phones, so partial I was going there first for new spec releases and considering changing providers until a major local merger happened.

I want the new improved droid one, version two, if anything, but honestly I am not complaining at all about this device.