Froyo update.zip

Roque

Reaction score
Anyone have the latest Froyo update.zip? I'm thinking of going back to Froyo. Can someone post it up?

TIA

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
you will probably need to sbf but i'm not sure if the bootloader was updated with the gb update.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
You'll need to sbf. GB has a different bootloader and you'll brick your phone trying to avoid an sbf.

sent from my ZombieStomped X

OP
R

Roque

Reaction score
You'll need to sbf. GB has a different bootloader and you'll brick your phone trying to avoid an sbf.

sent from my ZombieStomped X

Thanks. I need layman's terms to help me through this. Sbf?

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Thanks. I need layman's terms to help me through this. Sbf?

Check the sticky at the top of the forum. It has all the information and links you'll need:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/motorola-droid-pro/112314-official-droid-pro-sbf-tbh.html

A SBF file is basically the original image file of the OS the manufacturer uses to install the OS onto the phone with. This process is pretty much what Verizon/Motorola would do to repair a phone that appears to be bricked or to be suffering from unfixable issues.

OP
R

Roque

Reaction score
I went back to stock, then upgraded OTA back to the latest Froyo (3.8.7). I didn't have any software problems with Gingerbread except I didn't like the GUI. So much happier now with Froyo.

Interestingly, I orginally upgarded to GB OTA. Now after I've reset my phone, the GB OTA update isn't available for me. Not that I want it anyway.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums