froyo update, skype app gone and not in market

AutoLuxLexES

Reaction score
Hello all, was wondering if anyone that updated their phone to froyo has skype in their marketplace? because i had it downloaded for 2.1, but when i switched over to 2.2 and P3Droid's 1000mhz kernel i no longer have this at all.

i was also searching for an mp3 app, and a few have recommended music online lite, but i cannot find it in the market, can anyone else confirm that it has been taken down, or do these issues sound like i need to update the market?

Charley

BPB

Reaction score
As for Skype, I had it under 2.1 but it would force-close every time with 2.2. I uninstalled it. I think I remember getting it from Verizon's website in the first place, as they were advertising it at least for a little while.

Sent from my Droid

AZDroid09

Reaction score
I am on Froyo using Pete's BB v0.2.1 and Skype shows in the Market for me, I did not see a lite version of Music Online, only premium version

OP
A

AutoLuxLexES

Reaction score
ok, thanks for the input guys. I dled my skype from free market.
i hear a lot of people running the BB, what exactly is it? can i run it with my current setup without having to redo everything?

Thank you
Charley
btw, azdroid, are you in az? im in glendale, where are you? this is kind of creepy? lol

FDFTW!!

Reaction score
I still have Skype on my Droid, with Pete's BB v.0.1 for Froyo. Problem is, when I go to sign in, it FC's. Every time...

That's a shame, as I'd like to be able to use it, maybe I'll try and figure out what in the heck is wrong with it.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
I recently downloaded Skype from the Market for my Moto Droid, and running Froyo 2.2 I'm experiencing the FC issue everytime I try to use it. It still works fine on my Droid Incredible, but that's a totally different phone. ::shrug::

-Mike

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I got concerned reading these comments, I am also running BB 0.2 on Froyo and I signed into Skype Mobile with no problems at all I was able to I.M. not sure about calls though.

Sent from my Droid thru Time and Space

socaliabs

Reaction score
I got concerned reading these comments, I am also running BB 0.2 on Froyo and I signed into Skype Mobile with no problems at all I was able to I.M. not sure about calls though.

Sent from my Droid thru Time and Space
I have 2 droids, one droid my skype is working the other one is not ever since updating to froyo- i downgraded it to 2.1update1 root and it works but getting back to kangerade froyo it doesnt work again. Its weird that one is working great and the other one doesn't - what is the fix?