Froyo 2.2 pulled back...

Lightninrod

Reaction score
Just got off the phone to Sandra at VZW smart phone tech support about an email problem. After we talked about that(still not sure it's fixed?), I asked her why my home screen does not rotate as I thought that was a new feature I got when I updated to 2.2. She then said 2.2 had been pulled back as there were problems with it that they were working on and I should expect a new update soon.

If this is a duplication of an earlier thread, I'm sorry. I didn't search for it and I was so surprised by what she said, I wanted to ask about this here.

OP
Lightninrod

Lightninrod

Reaction score
It shows I have it in About Phone but she said it(2.2) was being redone???

Does your home screen rotate now? Mine doesn't.

And, my X is stock; never rooted.

Last edited:

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Try not to give to much worth to anything a Verizon rep says regarding updates/OS's.

Humpa

Reaction score
Just got off the phone to Sandra at VZW smart phone tech support about an email problem. After we talked about that(still not sure it's fixed?), I asked her why my home screen does not rotate as I thought that was a new feature I got when I updated to 2.2. She then said 2.2 had been pulled back as there were problems with it that they were working on and I should expect a new update soon.

If this is a duplication of an earlier thread, I'm sorry. I didn't search for it and I was so surprised by what she said, I wanted to ask about this here.
Use LauncherPro. It is free, and a much better Home and app drawer. It has tons of options (including landscape/potrait, and even some more options for each).

timrock

Reaction score
had a feeling a fix would come soon. maybe 2.2.1 or something. helps to know they are aware.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

The home screen does not rotate with 2.2. As Martin mentioned, don't put too much stock into what a tech says in regards to distribution of 2.2, they don't have a clue.

Humpa

Reaction score
had a feeling a fix would come soon. maybe 2.2.1 or something. helps to know they are aware.
Trust me (and the others who just said this too), that rep is clueless. She's refering to the previous version of 2.2 for the X that never got released (but got leaked, and that's what lots of us had been using).