FRG83G for original Droid

droi

Reaction score
Has anyone received this update yet? I have been looking for the OTA zip file but I haven't been able to find it.

Thanks,

Droi

boostedhonda

Reaction score
Peter alfonso has the update.zip for this on his site. I believe its peteralfonso.org

Sent From My Blurless Droid X

OP
D

droi

Reaction score
Peter alfonso has the update.zip for this on his site. I believe its peteralfonso.org

Sent From My Blurless Droid X

I saw that, but when I tried to install it tells me that it is not a vailid zip. Verizon says it is barely 3.8 MB, Peter's is over77 MB. Am I doing something wrong?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
PS. Teddyearp has it.

Sent from my GimpDroid (Installed by RZR).

djembeman

Reaction score
FRG83G Update failed!?!

So, in the past I've heard of people loosing root when they allow an OTA to take place....

What about the update just hanging on the exclamation point with the little green android?!? I saw a progress bar running underneath and now it's just sitting there. I'm running Stock Rooted FRG83D. Stock Kernel.

Did my phone block the OTA because I have Clockwork Recovery?
Do I just need to restart my phone and nothing has changed?
Is my phone bricked?

Where do I go next?

djembeman

Reaction score
So, in the past I've heard of people loosing root when they allow an OTA to take place....

What about the update just hanging on the exclamation point with the little green android?!? I saw a progress bar running underneath and now it's just sitting there. I'm running Stock Rooted FRG83D. Stock Kernel.

Did my phone block the OTA because I have Clockwork Recovery?
Do I just need to restart my phone and nothing has changed?
Is my phone bricked?

Where do I go next?

Update: So, it seems that ClockworkMod Recovery blocked the OTA. I hit my power button and it showed the dialog stating that the update signature verification failed.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
PS. Teddyearp has it.

what he has is no different, fundamentally, than pete's right? i.e. it's still not the "official" OTA file?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure its an ota. Don't know if its the "master" or just from frg22d or frg83d.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score

I saw that, but when I tried to install it tells me that it is not a vailid zip. Verizon says it is barely 3.8 MB, Peter's is over77 MB. Am I doing something wrong?

The 3.8 MB should be the update, whereas the 77 MB is probably a full install with the update included.

Last edited: