Freeze on Search

Scribble

Reaction score
Hey guys- does anyone else experience their phone pretty much freezing for a bit after you search? I use Chrome... Everytime I search, as soon as Chrome opens it pretty much just freezes for a minute or longer.

I've also noticed it takes a while for apps to fully load. They open right away, but sit basically showing the Actionbar, and a loading icon... My wife's Bionic seems to fully load apps much faster... Text messages and call features also seem sluggish.

I'm not rooted, and I don't think I do anything crazy with my phone... I did a factory reset about 5 months ago, that seemed to help for a while, but the issues have crept back up. I've tried clearing system cache... doesn't seem to do much. I also tried loading in safe mode, and that too didn't seem to do much.

Anyone else experiencing issues like these?

deduct

Reaction score
If its been 5 months since you last FDR, its time for another.

OP
S

Scribble

Reaction score
I don't know man... I just don't feel like this should be the solution, considering my wife's Bionic doesn't have these issues and she's NEVER FDR'd...

deduct

Reaction score
Well when I run stock I have these issues after a while too so I enjoy running custom ROMs and never have it happen anymore.

OP
S

Scribble

Reaction score
Well when I run stock I have these issues after a while too so I enjoy running custom ROMs and never have it happen anymore.

Shows how out of the loop I am with this stuff anymore... I didn't think there were any good Custom ROMs for the Bionic?

deduct

Reaction score
I too am surprised at the dev support we have on the bionic. Its coming up on 2 years for this phone and still we are being supported.