FreeMemoryRecover

Reaction score
Ordinarily I would move this to the app section, but my thoughts are this is just another version of a task killer. And I don't need or want another discsussion on whether or not task killers aree beneficial. There is an on going discussion like that stickied in the app section.

So I'll just say this: Anything that interfere's with the way Droid run's it's memory is not beneficial. In the long run it's going to cause problems.

If this turns into a task killer discussion, I will close the thread. For now however I'll leave it open for the benefit of the OP.

I had a random question/request. Why is the droid 2 global roms section at the top of the droid 2 sub sections?

Wouldn't it make more sense to put it as the following:
Droid 2 general discussions
Droid 2 global
Droid 2 global roms
And keep the rest in order.

As for what you just posted, I do believe I directed him to the search button. And yes, this probably belongs in the droid apps section.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
slimpirudude

slimpirudude

Reaction score
Markml, thank you for all the info in your post. It has been VERY useful!! I have always been a computer savy person, but I am new to android (first smartphone) and I am learning as I go. I hope to learn more from you as you seem very knoledgeable. To answer your question, I looked for the google article on task killers, but couldn't find the official one. I am interested in reading it. What you said about how they work and are not needed makes perfect sense, I just was thinking more along the lines of how windows computers work. So thanks for that. I have since removed my task killer, and installed zdbox and it is an awesome app. Also I've installed launcher pro, (still looking to get paid version soon hopefully) and goto lock screen. So far every app you requested I have got good use from. I was wondering if there was anymore good ones you could pass along?

As far as rooting my phone goes, I appreciate the info there aswell. For I was afraid of the same things you mentioned (bricking it) especially since it voids warranty, with my luck id mess something up and be out over $600. So nice to know that's not a issue. It is very tempting to root it, so that can use apps like titanium backup to freeze bloatware, setcpu so I can over/underclock it which would be helpful to my battery. So I would say soon I will more than likely take that jump. Just have to read up on methods and how works so that ill understand more about it.

Launcher pro was the launcher app I got out of the two you suggested and I agree with you, its very smooth and alot more customizable than blur. I wish I could do more customizing on my droid (change notification bar color, themes, ect) but I have alot of learning to do before I get there.

You mentioned the battery icon that comes in zdbox is going to be updated soon with 1% increments? That would be bad ass. I hope it gets more accurate the longer I use it because so far, it says like 40.0h remaing, which I've never had this phone last that long lol.

Thanks again for all the great information you gave me in your post, its greatly appreciated. I love learning about android.

*Slimpirudude*

sent from my droid 2 global using droidforums app

Reaction score
http://android-developers.blogspot.com/2010/04/multitasking-android-way.html

There's the article.

Launcherpro is going to have a complete rewrite coming out eventually, so its going to be even faster than it is now.

The developers of zdbox told me 1% increments were on their upcoming feature list for the droid x/2. And the 40+ hours estimate is what it told me too. It takes about a week and then its very accurate. Its how long it took mine to adjust.

The method for rooting that I used was the terminal emulator app without a pc. Its in a sticky at the top of the "droid 2 hacks" section.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums