Quick Email Question

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, my email notifacations aren't coming across on the status bar. Any suggestions on why this they aren't coming through anymore? I have it set up through the stock messaging app also. Thanks

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

gunz.jones

Reaction score
Are you stock or an a rom? Did you set the email up to notify you after moving to the current software? Sometimes checking and unchecking or vice versa can get it to reset and act right.

OP
252chevyboyz

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
I appreciate the response gunz and i am completely stock. I have my email in the universal inbox and i have tried removing the account and then reinstall it, turning notifacation on and off, and turning data push on and off, and battery pull. Anything else you can think of?

OP
252chevyboyz

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
I took a look at these and these seem right so imma reinstall the email account and see if whats happening is just a lag in delivery time.

Incoming settings
IMAP server: imap.gmail.com
Port: 993

Outgoing settings
SMTP server: smtp.gmail.com
Port: 465

Thanks for your help gunz

leakim13

Reaction score
Exact problem both using stock and squids... I have to set reminders to check my email.... Annoying.

Sent from the Great North Woods

gunz.jones

Reaction score
Try checking your refresh times....I have mine set at 15 minutes to check for email. Maube you have it set for daily. Should be in the mail settings for the client.

OP
252chevyboyz

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
I turned my data push off and i am letting it use the fetch schedule every 15 mins and it seems to be doing better ya'll