Free Wifi Tethering On Your HTC One M8 Without S-Off

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

There is a method for enabling native tethering on your VZW HTC One M8, but it requires you to be S-Off and have a custom recovery installed to your device. There is another way which only requires you to make a simple XML edit. "Windroid" posted the method to his twitter account earlier in the week. There are also several other XML edits that can be made to do useful things like remove NFC icon, remove high volume warning, enable stock recents app menu, enable quick settings in pull down, enable beats audio logo, and there are also several fonts that you can add. Links to each of these goodies can be found below.

Various XML tweaks
Free Wifi Tethering
Custom Fonts

Justabajabum

Reaction score
HTC One Tethering...

There is a method for enabling native tethering on your VZW HTC One M8, but it requires you to be S-Off and have a custom recovery installed to your device. There is another way which only requires you to make a simple XML edit. "Windroid" posted the method to his twitter account earlier in the week. There are also several other XML edits that can be made to do useful things like remove NFC icon, remove high volume warning, enable stock recents app menu, enable quick settings in pull down, enable beats audio logo, and there are also several fonts that you can add. Links to each of these goodies can be found below.

Various XML tweaks
Free Wifi Tethering
Custom Fonts

I saw your post about the "windroidguy" method. I can access the XML file with an editor but it will not let me save any edits (system folder-read only). I do have root access....any advice? Thanks...