1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Free Wifi Tethering On Your HTC One M8 Without S-Off

Discussion in 'Android News' started by DroidModderX, Apr 8, 2014.

1. DroidModderX

DroidModderX Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

There is a method for enabling native tethering on your VZW HTC One M8, but it requires you to be S-Off and have a custom recovery installed to your device. There is another way which only requires you to make a simple XML edit. "Windroid" posted the method to his twitter account earlier in the week. There are also several other XML edits that can be made to do useful things like remove NFC icon, remove high volume warning, enable stock recents app menu, enable quick settings in pull down, enable beats audio logo, and there are also several fonts that you can add. Links to each of these goodies can be found below.

Various XML tweaks
    Free Wifi Tethering
    Custom Fonts
  2. Justabajabum

Justabajabum New Member

HTC One Tethering...

I saw your post about the "windroidguy" method. I can access the XML file with an editor but it will not let me save any edits (system folder-read only). I do have root access....any advice? Thanks...
Search tags for this page

htc m8 hidden tehther app

htc m8 wifi tethering

htc one 8 rooted using free hot spot forum

htc one m8 custom rom native

htc one m8 free tethering

htc one m8 free wifi

htc one m8 tether

htc one m8 tether verizon

htc one m8 wifi tether

htc one m8 wifi tether without root

m8 root hotspot