Foxfi is working on VZ GNex now?

Reaction score
don't know, didn't last i tried, but there's a ton of other wifi apps that work as good or better in the market. i'm using "wifi tether" now, and it's much quicker to get working.

OP
T

tndroid

Reaction score
i tried last night, it was working. i read the comments on Google store, it says it works on VZ GNex JB. Is "wifi tether" working on unrooted GNex and still can avoid VZ extra charge? Thanks! I still have the old unlimited data plan with VZ...

Reaction score
i tried last night, it was working. i read the comments on Google store, it says it works on VZ GNex JB. Is "wifi tether" working on unrooted GNex and still can avoid VZ extra charge? Thanks! I still have the old unlimited data plan with VZ...

that i'm not sure of. you can try, won't hurt anything.

trackman1

Reaction score
I just installed foxfi on my GNEX....i noticed that after i downloaded files on my pc.....there was alot of data usage that went on my account.....my question is when i am connected using foxfi ..do the files and things I d/l get added to the verizon acct???

thanks in advance

coconutt

Reaction score
I just installed foxfi on my GNEX....i noticed that after i downloaded files on my pc.....there was alot of data usage that went on my account.....my question is when i am connected using foxfi ..do the files and things I d/l get added to the verizon acct???

thanks in advance

What do you mean exactly?

If you have the unlimited data plan still, you have no worries as to what/how much you download etc. But if you have a new limited plan, you should keep an eye on your data usage.

trackman1

Reaction score
sorry what i maent is I have a 2 gig data plan.....and for some reason I thought it was strange that I started using foxfi and d/l things from the web....and noticed a large amount of data being added to my acct...and just wondered if it was because of using foxfi or it is something else...hope i clarified it.....

nubby

Reaction score
sorry what i maent is I have a 2 gig data plan.....and for some reason I thought it was strange that I started using foxfi and d/l things from the web....and noticed a large amount of data being added to my acct...and just wondered if it was because of using foxfi or it is something else...hope i clarified it.....

I would think if you are downloading, you are using data, and thus your data would be added to your account.
It's not unlimited data, it is wireless tethering...

coconutt

Reaction score
I would think if you are downloading, you are using data, and thus your data would be added to your account.
It's not unlimited data, it is wireless tethering...

Yeah this. As soon as your computer is connected to your phone's network and you click open that browser, data is being used.

trackman1

Reaction score
ok just to clarify ....i was d/l from the web to my pc........my question is that using foxfi and d/l on my computer is not the reason that the files I d/l that the data is being charged???.....if to just go to different sites?...or just downloads??

Last edited:

mysticalmalissa

Reaction score
ok just to clarify ....i was d/l from the web to my pc........my question is that using foxfi and d/l on my computer is not the reason that the files I d/l that the data is being charged???.....if to just go to different sites?...or just downloads??

Anything you do on the web while using FoxFi will show as data used on your vzw account. I wouldnt recommend using it if you aren't grandfathered into the old unlimited plan.