Foxfi/Elixir2 Mobile Hotspot (w/o root) Not Working

patriot95

Reaction score
I decided to start a new thread on this as i thought it deserved some attention. It looks like Foxfi and Elixir2, two of the best wireless hotspot apps, are no longer functioning. has anyone else noticed this? I can run the apps but then when i look in the settings under Hotspot I see "Error". I can see the phone on my laptop and connect but I don't get any internet connection. Is this something that Verizon may have done to block these methods?

Has anyone noticed these not working?
Does anyone have an app that still works?

Do I have to root tonight!!!? :p

ps: I'm using the gnex.

OP
patriot95

patriot95

Reaction score
Did you actually connect a device to it and make sure it's "actually" working?

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I typed this on my laptop connected to the Foxfi hotspot on my Bionic. If you are reading this, I was connected

coolshock1

Reaction score
No I didn't. I went in to settings and verified that it was turned on, which it was. I can test later when I get home but I see someone else validated it from theirs.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I searched for Elixir 2 and Elixer 2 in the market. Brings up a utility app that does lots of things, but I don't see anything about a hotspot in the description. Can you post a link to the app you are referencing?

Russfox40

Reaction score
Looks Like Verizon got Involved

After I turn my FoxFi on and go to configure Hot-Spot or Tethering, I get a popup that says that I can't use Verizon's network and gives me an 800 # to call to set up service, which I will have to pay for.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
After I turn my FoxFi on and go to configure Hot-Spot or Tethering, I get a popup that says that I can't use Verizon's network and gives me an 800 # to call to set up service, which I will have to pay for.
I had that happen. Somehow it diverts to the VZW hotspot when I backed out or tried from the pull down menu. When I open from the app it still worked for me