FoxFi App

samantha84

Reaction score
I have a samsung through boostmobile. I downloaded the foxfi app and my desktop computer connects to my phones hot spot. However, when I bring up internet windows it doesn't work. What am I doing wrong? I don't understand. My computer connects but won't work :( pls help.

Reaction score
What os is on your desktop? What wireless adapter are you using? I'll try to help you if I can. I've also heard sometimes desktops behave differently than laptops in the wireless area. Also what exact Samsung do you have?

OP
samantha84

samantha84

Reaction score
Its Vista. I just have a external wireless usb thingy hahaha. Ive pinged my computer off of a friends cell phone before not too long ago. But it just isnt letting me connect even though my computer is seeing it and saying I'm connect. Its a Samsung Replenish. Thank you so much for even responding to my question. :)

I'm wondering if its just this Foxfi App. Ive heard it works great for some and bad for others. Would be nice to be able to use internet on my computer for free though. I feel like I'm doing something wrong since I can see the wireless name and can connect to it. Maybe something under settings on my computer or phone perhaps that I havent seen.

Last edited:
Reaction score
samantha84 said:
Its Vista. I just have a external wireless usb thingy hahaha. Ive pinged my computer off of a friends cell phone before not too long ago. But it just isnt letting me connect even though my computer is seeing it and saying I'm connect. Its a Samsung Replenish. Thank you so much for even responding to my question. :)

I'm wondering if its just this Foxfi App. Ive heard it works great for some and bad for others. Would be nice to be able to use internet on my computer for free though. I feel like I'm doing something wrong since I can see the wireless name and can connect to it. Maybe something under settings on my computer or phone perhaps that I havent seen.

You're so welcome! :)That's true, foxfi does behave differently with different phones. I myself are running a DROID bionic, and it does run flawless with foxfi. I cant remember if vista is the same but all i can do is a walkthrough with win7. Pull up your network and sharing center, change adapter settings, wireless network connection, wireless properties, and check that its trying to run ipv4 and ipv6. Also in the connection status box, look in properties at the bottom and check that you have all installed options. check settings under foxfi and see if there's anything that you might think needs changed. Also try another hotspot app. It could be any of that. Again, I'm not sure if vista is the same in this aspect, but give it a try.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Idk but try clearing data on the foxfi app and then force closing it... do this in your manage apps area on your phone, then reboot the phone and the computer... then rescan and try again..

Other than that.. idk.

Reaction score
94lt1 said:
Idk but try clearing data on the foxfi app and then force closing it... do this in your manage apps area on your phone, then reboot the phone and the computer... then rescan and try again..

Other than that.. idk.

Good point as well!